My silicon upper lip implant is crooked. I'm having a revision...is there any suggestions I can give to my dr to get it right?

The original procedure was crooked...one side was much larger and the smaller side was above my lip line and I could not completely turn my lips in (as to rub in lip balm)...only one side turned in. The revision I had done showed better results, but still it is asymmetrical and when I smile or say "oooh" it's still bigger on the same side. The doctor used the original pocket for the large side and only adjusted the small side during the revision after removing it through the middle.

Lip Implant

+1
Thank you for your question.This procedure is essentially risky and is why most would opt to remove it and provide a skin graft. Have you discussed the possibility of a graft with your board certified surgeon?

Lip implant

+1

there is always this risk that's why most would consider removing it and placing either fat or a dermal graft.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon