Does My Shape Still Have Hope? (photo)

9 days post opp. Sutured in implants 475cc on both sides because skin so thin and weren't staying in. Nipple nercrosis on right, but fine since attaching 4 days post opp. As you can see the right side under nipple is narrower and higher than left. Will this take care of itself? If not cant wear a tight shirt ever again they are so noticeably off. Right now I'm depressed going they all this to be worse off.

Does My Shape Still Have Hope?

+1

I do see the asymmetry in the breasts, with the appearance of less breast tissue below the areola on the right side. There may be some improvement with time, but I do think that a revision may be considered after the implants have settled in 3 to 6 months.  Although I can't see the breast folds in the frontal photos, I suspect they are even enough that releasing the fold support sutures will not accomplish better symmetry.

Thanks for your question, and for the photos posted.  All the best.  

Patience.

Breast Asymmetry Concerns at 9 days

+1

Breast asymmetry at 9 days does not mean that you will have a poor result at 6 months.  Give the result some time.

Breast revision

+1

At this point, you have to let things heal and if they do n ot meet your satisfaction, then it may be possible to perform a revision.

Appearances after mastopexy augmentation

+1

can be frightening sometimes.  But you have to have the patience to allow yourself to heal.  You will be surprised at how things change with time.  Keep your surgeon informed of your concerns so he/she can better help you through the process.  Minor revisions can always be done to help your final results approach 'perfect'!

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast asymmetry?

+1

Thanks for sharing and posting your before and after photographs. At this stage, it is too early to tell that what you see in your photos is going to be permanent. Don't be in a hurry to judge your results as final. It's going take a few months for the implants to settle and the breasts to heal. Based on what I do see, it looks like you are healing fairly good for 9 days. I cannot see the necrosis you're talking about in the photos. The asymmetry that you have pointed out is minor and is normal for most breasts. In other words, there's lots of hope. You should continue to work closely with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes - Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast asymmetry after lift and augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. Although there is a noticeable difference between the left and right side, it is still too early to determine the final outcome. The results at this point is altered by swelling and it will take six to eight months for the implants to settle and the swelling to subside. At that point you can discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon for a possible revision surgery. My advice for you is to address your concerns with your plastic surgeon and follow up with him/her. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is clear in the photos provided. Although it is still very early after your breast procedure, it is quite likely that you will have some breast asymmetry in the long-term. Having said that, the results that you (and your plastic surgeon) have achieved thus far are quite nice. Worst-case scenario ( hopefully) is  that revisionary breast surgery will improve the breast symmetry to your liking.  In my practice, it is not unusual for patients at your “starting point” to require 2 operations to achieve optimal results.

I would suggest that you state as emotionally “level” as possible,  appreciate the significant improvement you have achieved, and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.