Is my Shape Normal? Can I Go Bigger? (photo)

I recently got a lift with smaller impants. My shape seems uneven and strange. I had much larger implants that I did not like, with the implany placement it created a snoopy dog droop. I was told 350cc slight overfill. When in fact they were 425 filled to 490cc (found out when removed). So picking the new implants I went too small. 5'0'' 125lbs 34dd before removal current 260cc silicone.

Too Small after Implant Size Reduction

+1

Time should be given to heal.  Larger implants can be placed at a later date.  I always try to obtain the previous implant sizes.  If this is not possible, I ask the patient to determine how much smaller they want to be.  During the surgery the old implant volume is determined and the new implant volume determination is made. 

Uneven breasts right after surgery

+1

It is normal for your breasts to be uneven shortly after surgery.  The shape will relax over time.  Your breasts will continue to look better each week, but you will not see your final results for at least 6 months.

Dennis Dass, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is too early to evaluate the end results of surgery,  including final size, shape, symmetry of the breast, you should have peace of mind that it will be possible to “go bigger” if you so choose in the future. I would suggest that you give yourself approximately 6 months before evaluating the end results of the procedure (from the physical and psychological body image standpoint).

Implants and a lift

+1

At this point you ahve to give it time to settle down. Then you can reassess your concerns.  Good luck.

Breast lift results look a little weird in the early post op period.

+1

I can't comment with precision in your case - but you do have the typical 'flat' lower pole appearance of an early vertical style breast lift. This tends to round out with time and should look good.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Abnormal Breast Shape Shortly after Breast Surgery

+1

Given how recently post-op you are (I can tell by the bandages and bruising) I would definitely say that you have nothing to worry about at this point. It takes weeks to months for breasts to settle into a more natural appearing shape after a breast lift with or without an augmentation.

I tell all my patients BEFORE surgery to expect minor asymmetries and definitely an irregular shape, so they know what to expect. And as I said, invariably, things settle over time.

I have a feeling you'll be quite pleased if you give it time!

David Cangello, MD

Is my Shape Normal? Can I Go Bigger

+1

These are obviously early post-op photos. My gut feeling is that the shape will be OK after the implants settle and so forth. 

I see no reason why you couldn't go with a larger implant, but give it a little time--you may wind up content with the size. 

Thanks, best wishes.