What should i do about my severely asymmetrical breasts? (photo)

I'm 21. I have a child so my breasts also sag. They have been this way my whole life..

Asymmetry in breasts

+1
It will depend on what ypu really want, there are some options, but they neve will be equal or the same, will be a difference. We can place an implant in your right breast and this little ptosis will dissapear. On your left breast we can make a breastlift and reduction without the need of an implant, or can remove also enough tissue to place and implant to have the same shape that you will have on your right breast. Something vey importat for you to know, is that scars will be very different from one side to the other. Small sacr on your right, and a bigger one on your left breast.

Asymmetrical Breasts Correction

+1
This condition can be corrected by breast surgery combination of techniques : Lift, Reduction and/or  Augmentation.

To give you all the choices available  you should have an consultation  in which you may discuss procedures and decide with your surgeon which suits you best.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

I have significant breast asymmetry what should I do?

+1
  • I believe you could obtain an excellent result with a left breast reduction/lift using a vertical mastopexy approach with a small horizontal component and a right breast augmentation perhaps with a periareolar mastopexy. I would recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast augmentation lifts and reductions. Make sure you see his photographs of patients with similar problems and their result. Best wishes!

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and reduction on the larger side can improve breast symmetry

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  A combination breast lift and reduction on the larger side can significantly improve your breast asymmetry.  Please choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced at breast lift surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry options

+1
There are a number of options to treat breast asymmetry - breast lift, breast reduction, breast augmentation and any combination of the above.  A formal consutation will allow you to describe your aeshtetic goals to your surgeon.  After listening to your goals and performing a physical examination, a surgeon will be able to outline options that will best meet  your aesthetic goals and review the pros and cons of each.  I am sure you will be happy with your results.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1
There are several options for you. Obivously a lift and reduction on the left one. You an have an impalnt in the smaller one.  But an exam would be helpful as well as a discussion regarding your goals.

What should i do about my severely asymmetrical breasts?

+1
Rest assured that it is common to have asymmetric breasts but plastic surgery can certainly help to significantly improve yours.  You should first schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with experience in cosmetic breast surgery.  You need to have an examination of the breast to ensure there is nothing other than basic asymmetry going on. If that is the case, you can likely expect a recommendation for a combination of breast reduction plus implant based augmentation (we  call it a plus/minus procedure) for the left breast and breast lift and augmentation for the right.  You will need to think about the approximate size that you would like to be.  A breast reduction acts similar to a breast lift in that the breast gland is repositioned but it also removes excess glandular tissue at the same time.  The idea of the plus/minus procedure is to help improve the fullness in the upper part of the breast while preventing repeat sag and a better chance at symmetry when augmenting the opposite side. Certainly if you like the size of the right breast, you can do without an implant all together and just do a right reduction and left left and possible fat grafting to the upper part of the breast for fullness.  There are several options depending on your goals so best to have a face-to-face consultation with your PS of choice!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

+1
Thanks for the picture, you could reduce one, or increase one and reduce the other. All depends on what your goal is!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Very asymmetric breasts

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.
  • You have very asymmetric breasts as you know.
  • The photo suggests that you will have marked improvement with a  breast reduction of the larger breast.
  • And if you want to go larger, an implant on the smaller breast,
  • The photos isn't clear as to whether the smaller side might need a lift but a breast reduction always includes lifting of that breast.
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to plan exactly what to do. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD