Would my Septo/rhinoplasty Be Covered by my Insurance?

Hi, I'm 16 years old and my doctor has been talkimg to me about getting a septo/rhinoplasty. Trauma at birth caused my nose to be crooked. My crooked nose cause a deviated septum. The deviated septum has cause breathimg problems, sleep apnea, stuffy nose, sinus infections etc. I was wondering if the insurance company would cover these procedures and what the costs could be. Thankyou!

Coverage

+1

All Cosmetic Surgery is an "out of pocket" expense issue and insurance companies are experts at denying many legitimate patient claims.  Therefore, my Cosmetic Surgery practice has always been 100% Cosmetic Surgery.  In this fashion, there has never been anyone or anything that can interfere with the all important Patient/Doctor relationship.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The portions of the surgery performed to improve your breathing should be covered. Any part of the surgery performed to change the appearance of your nose likely will not be covered by insurance as they are cosmetic in nature. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Insurance Coverage for Septorhinoplasty

+1

In general insurance companies will cover the correction of functional (breathing) problems but may or may not contribute to the cosmetic changes which are necessary because of the of nasal trauma. In my office the staff helps patients obtain pre-op authorization for insurance benefits.

Septorhinoplasty

+1

You need to ask your insurance carrier what they cover and what they do not cover.

Cosmetic surgery is not covered by any insurance. Trying to have a cosmetic procedure covered  by isurance is fraud. Any body presenting false medical information to insurance company for the sake of financial gain is committing FRAUD.