Just Had my First Sculptra Treatment 2 Days Ago. Is It Normal for my Face to Feel Tight? Will I Peel?

Sculptra and Peeling

+1

Thank you for your question. Usually there's swelling and bruising after injection for about a week, and the tightness is probably due to some swelling. No peeling involved. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Sculptra

+1

The tightness that you are experiencing is from the swelling from the Sculptra treatment.  This will subside within a few weeks.  You should not peel.

Sam Naficy, MD

Tightness after Sculptra

+1

Hi Zoey,

The tightness your'e feeling is just the saline and swelling. It will subside within a few weeks. You shouldn't peel. If you are, it is likely unrelated to the Sculptra. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Sculptra - tightness after treatment

+1

You likely are feeling swelling and hence tightness.  That will improve in a day or two.  You typically do not peel after sculptra. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Sculptra and tightness

+1

Sculptra is injected with sterile water.  As the water is absorbed, the tightness will subside.  Sculptra injections do not cause peeling.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Sculptra and days after treatment

+1

It is not uncommon for the skin to feel a little tight for several days after Sculptra treatment.  This could be related to bruising, swelling or simply your body's natural response to the injections.  This is actually not an "bad" thing.  Sometimes when the cheek area has been treated, I will also have patients state that they feel a pressure in their sinuses.  While the treatment is not injected into sinus cavities, the product does produce a pressure sensation similar to you pressing you finger on your cheeks firmly.  To answer your question, pressure and skin feeling tight are a normal sensation a couple of days after Sculptra treatment.  While I cannot guarantee you will not peel, it is highly unlikely.  Good luck with your Sculptra treatments-it is a great treatment for revolumizing the face and providing a more youthful appearance.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologist

Tight Feeling Face After Sculptra

+1

When Sculptra is injected into the face, some patients develop a little bruising or swelling afterwards that can make the face feel a little "tight."  This should resolve within about a week.  You can try some ice packs to help it resolve a little more quickly.

Hallie McDonald, MD
Austin Dermatologist