Are my Scars Normal? (Photo)

2 weeks ago i had my 500 cc saline HP implants replaced with 250 cc silicon implants and lift. i was told i would have a lollipop scar. my scars go below my breasts. Is this normal and why? Also they are crustinf and very dry. My PS said not to put anything on them till my lower stitches come out. why cant i put anything on it?

Lollipop scars

+2

You do have lollipop scars! The 'vertical' method of breast lift produces this pattern and since it is the only method that elevates the breast fold, some of the scar is actually left below the fold. The trade-off is that you avoid the long transverse scar in the crease (anchor scar) normally associated with breast lifts.

The scars are conspicuous now but they will certainly improve. Furthermore, as the swelling goes down the breasts will sag slightly and cover the lower end of the popsicle stick scar.

Many surgeons do not like patients medicating their own scar since most medicaments are not sterile.

Are my scars normal?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. Certainly, follow the instructions of your surgeon. It is common for scars to fully mature for up to a year. In the meantime, there are a few things that may help to ameliorate your incision/scar. The most proven (as well as cheapest) modality is simple scar massage. Applying pressure and massaging the well-healed scar has been shown to improve the appearance as it breaks up the scar tissue, hopefully producing the finest scar as possible. Other things that have been shown to add some benefit are silicone sheets, hydration, and topical steroids. In addition, avoidance of direct sunlight to the incision will significantly help the appearance as they tend to discolor with UV light during the healing process.

If unsightly scars are still present after approximately a year's time, other things that your surgeon may consider are intralesional steroid injections, laser, or just surgical revision of the scar itself.

Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Normal scars afer a lollipop breast lift

+1

Of course you don't have a scar as yet, only a healing incision line. The shape and appearance are excellent. In general the lollipop incision will stop at the breast fold or slightly above and perhaps your surgeon needed the length to lift the breast fold. Wait to judge the scar for several more months.

Lollipop scars

+1

Thanks for your question, you do have lollipop scars and your shape is excellent.  As for the crusting, please discuss with your plastic surgeon if he/she is comfortable with you gently rubbing the incisions while you shower, it may represent scab or a glue adhesive. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Scars Normal after Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. From the limited view  provided, I think your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you. I do not see any abnormality in scar formation/healing.

Vertical lift scars

+1

Yes, it looks like you have a vetical lift scar on your breasts, and just from the photo, it appears that they are healing reasonably well at two weeks post-surgery.  The scar is below the breast on the onse side that I can see. it may get covered with the breast as it settles down.

Scars normal?

+1

From the posted photo the scars appear healing at a normal rate. Best to allow three months before you can decide if you ate a scar former.