Do my Scars Look Normal? (photo)

Here are my crease scars after 12 days post op. One looks worse than the other. Is this normal? Will it heal and fade okay?

Scarring after Breast Augmentation #breastimplants

+2

Totally normal. That is the way we close skin to keep tension off of the surface of the scar. As the deep sutures dissolve in the next few months the scars will flatten. Scars also take one year to complete the remodeling phase of wound healing. Just be patient. This all takes time. Won't happen over night.

Breast augmentation scars look normal at 12 days

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. At 12 days post surgery your scars look normal.

If your scars are red, itchy and raised at 4-6 weeks then silicon sheeting or 1540 fractional erbium laser treatments and help.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Do my Scars Look Normal?

+1

WOW! Only 12 days and you are comparing;ready. Allow 3 to 6 months of scar maturation before comparing. Best to call your surgeon to discuss this concept. 

Do my Scars Look Normal?

+1

You are quite early post op and your scars will continue to evolve.  They will most likely become very red in the next 2-4 weeks and then begin to settle down and become lighter in colour.  The scar continually evolves for about 12-18 months before they are fully matured.

You can try tapping the scar and also massage the area which can aid in maturing the scar, however before doing this, check with your surgeon before commencing this.

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Do my Scars Look Normal?

+1

Dear OldMe,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your scar, especially the the worse one looks a little irritated.  However, they should heal well over time.  If you are not allergic to tape, I would have my patients tape this type of scar to minimize irritation.  Otherwise, just wait and the scars will change over time, probably get harder and redder for a few more weeks, then gradually fade over 6-12 months.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Scars are dynamic

+1

and will continue to change with time.  Yours will and most of them improve with time.  Try not to worry about it and ask your doctor if they believe in scar products.  I personally do not recommend them but if you will feel better using such products, there is certainly no harm (except for the expense).

Curtis Wong, MD

Scars appear normal for 12 days post op

+1

Every person heals differently.  Your incisions look normal and will improve over the next 3 to 6 months.  Some patients require up to one year to fully mature.  

Scars 2 weeks after surgery

+1

Your scars look normal. It takes a few weeks for the scar to mature. Generally it starts to look raised then flattens and over weeks to months fades. You are very early and can likely expect this scar to get better. I would follow the instructions of your plastic surgeon. 

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Scars look normal

+1

Your scars look very normal for two weeks post op.  They may take a year or more to fade and flatten.  The amount of time it takes is based primarily on your individual genetics.  Talk to your surgeon about scar tapes or cream that can help.  Give it time, it will get better.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Do my Scars Look Normal?

+1

For 12 days post op , you shouldn't be concerned since they are still very swollen . You can start in one or two more weeks with scar creams you can buy at the pharmacy , and maybe silicone strips . They should heal and fade nicely . 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD