My Scars Dont Look Like They Are As Neat As I Think They Should Be After a Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty; Normal? (photo)

Hi I had upper and lower Blepharoplasty 6 days ago and concerned that the skin does not look like it is going to heal without leaving scarring. I have my stitches out tomorrow so will ask for advice then. I would like to read other surgeons thoughts on the photos I have attached, as you can see there is a bit of excess skin on each eye. Thanks in advance.

Blepharoplasty Scars Take a Little Time to Heal

+2

Hi E,

I would bet that your blepharoplasty scars will heal beautifully and be nearly unnoticeable in two months.  It looks like your surgeon did a great job. Enjoy your new eyelids!  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

My Scars Dont Look Like They Are As Neat As I Think They Should Be After a Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty; Normal?

+2

AGAIN! ONLY 6 days. Best to see your surgeon so the early post operative events can be explained to you. The posted photos demonstrate very normal suture techniques and early healing. 

Blepharoplasty and swelling

+2

Right now you are very early in the post-op and in a few months that scars will most likely settle down . Give it time and be patient.

+1

Swelling early after eyelid surgery can give the illusion of excess skin or asymmetry.  I do not see anything unusual in the photos.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Blepharoplasty incisions

+1

Your photos look very normal for this time frame after surgery.  Complete healing will take many months with the majority of healing occurring in the next few weeks.  Scars after this surgery generally heal well.  Discuss wound care issues with your doctor when you see him to remove the sutures.  

Michael J. Lipan M.D.  Facial Plastic Surgery of Palm Beach Gardens and West Palm Beach, Florida

Michael Lipan, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scarring after eyelid surgery

+1

The incisions look perfectly normal for a week after surgery. It really takes a full year or more for eyelid scars to fully mature. Be patient and I suspect the incisions will look great with time.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon