My scar is bleeding after 8 wk po? (photo)

My scar keeps opening in small areas, I'm 8 wkks po tt with mr and Lipo and this keeps happening. Am I doing something to cause this? How do I heal?

Suture abscess

+1

Looks like you are having spitting sutures which is one way the body gets rid of the remaining sutures. You did not do anything. These will heal.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Suture reactions after tummy tuck

+1

Depending on the suture type, suture spitting can be a problem after tummy tuck. Open areas and suture abcesses can be managed by your surgeon and the suture will eventually dissolve. Nothing you did.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

My scar is bleeding after 8 wk po?

+1

Most likely this is due to reaction to sutures. See your surgeon, and some can be removed before beginning the cycle of breakdown, ulceration, healing. These are most certainly dissolving sutures, so this is a self-limiting problem.

All the best.