Can I Get my Saline Implants Refilled with 50 More Cc?

I am 3 months post op with 300 saline implants filled to 300cc, under the muscle. My breast are smaller than I expected. Can I get my implants refilled to 350cc?

Filling Saline Breast Implants More?

+1

Generally speaking, it is possible to add an additional 50 mL to most breast implants. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you given that he/she knows the details of what exact implant is currently in place, how much soft tissue coverage you have (how firm the breast implants will feel with additional volume),  and presumably knows your goals. I would suggest that you communicate your goals clearly to determine if this is the best course of action or would larger breast implants be necessary to better achieve your goals.

Secondary Fluid Fill After Saline Breast Augmentation

+1

Most saline implants can have an additional 50cc of fluid added after initial implantation. What that achieves is usually a more firm and slightly rounder feel/look, not necessarily a significant change in size. It is best done through a small nipple incision as the port of the implants sits right underneath it.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Saline implants can be filled to different amounts

+1

The suggested fill range of each implant is generally within a 30-50 cc range depending on the manufacturer and implant size.Although you can add more saline to your implant, 50 cc is less than 2 shot glasses of volume and therefore may still not give you the results you desire, Adding volume from the minimum to the maximum tends to raised the leading edge of the implant, make it firmer and cause rippling. I suggest you go back to your plastic surgeon for a full discussion of your options.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Adding to your saline breast implants

+1

The saline breast implants have a fill range depending on the size and manufacture. For Mentor the implants can go up 50cc, for Allergan generally 30cc. The change will be a small one and 'overfill' beyond the recommended range can affect the feel and preformance (stiff). You can check with your surgeon to see where things sit with you, otherwise you might need to go up a size from the current implant.

Adding saline to implants

+1

As a rule of thumb saline implants can be filled to about 20% above the stated volume. (Although depending on the manufacturer and the profile, the quoted maximum may be only 10%.)  If 50 cc more will give you enough volume, many of us would take you back to surgery and add more saline, but you must check with your individual surgeon. If 50 cc is not enough, you would be better off switching to a larger implant. 

I would suggest considering holding off for another 3 months. If the implants are not yet in their proper position, they may look larger after they have "dropped."

Good luck to you