Should my Right Implant (Saline) Have Dropped So Low and into my Armpit Area? (photo)

I had a lift and 3 weeks ago, my right breast feels like the implant has moved into my arm pit area. I understand they are supposed to drop, but is this normal/repairable? I feel as if my right breast has dropped more than "normal". I'm also feeling a lot of "bubble" type feeling whenever my arm rubs against my breast. Am I incorrect to have these concerns? Is this just part of the process? I'm very happy with where my left breast has "dropped" to and feel very concerned. 360 cc's, under muscle

Asymmetry

+1

It would be helpful to see pre-op photos whenever we evaluate post op results. It does appear that the right implant is somewhat more lateral than is the left. and it may well be that once a mature capsule has formed that a revision procedure to close off the lateral space can be accomplished. 

All the best. 

Lateral displacement

+1

I agree that it appears that you have lateral displacement of your right implant.  This is either the result of over dissection of the pocket or how your body has healed on that side...it will not improve with time...you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Displacement after Breast Augmentation/Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It may be that you are experiencing relative right breast implant displacement (laterally; into the axillary area). If this is the case, revisionary breast surgery using internal sutures (capsulorraphy) may be helpful in the future. Generally, I think it is best to perform these operations when the breast implant capsules have matured to some degree;  this process may take many months and even up to one year.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for accurate diagnosis and advice.

Breast differences

+1

Remember, no two breasts are exactly the same, and each one may have a slightly different fold height. If concerned, talk to your doctor.

Right Implant lower after Surgery?

+1

Difficult to tell, but I would tell you to follow your surgeons instructions and discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant dropped

+1

The right implant does appear lower. It is too early to tell your final results and nothing can be done right now anyway. See your PS and discuss your concerns. 

Michael Hueneke, MD

Dropped Implant

+1

You have a very reasonable result after augmentation-mastopexy.  I am not a big fan of trying to close down a pocket with sutures as it is very difficult and often doesn't last.  Some of the new materials may be helpful, but are expensive and no guarantee.  If it doesn't get much worse, I would advise you to live with it.

Howard N. Robinson, MD