Has my Right Implant Bottomed Out? (Staged Surgeries, Lift/reduction and BA About 8 Months Apart) (photo)

Thank you for answering my previous question, you guys are the best. The right implant feels really strange whenever I use my arm and muscles on the right side, and it looks like it is getting worst every week. PS did lower the IMF on the right side to accomodate the implant, was my IMF compromised? 375 HP smooth round silicone implants, under the muscle, 8 weeks post-op. Does it look like it's bottoming out? When should the revision occur? Thanks again.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think the implant has settled a little low, that being said if you are happy with the outcome than there is nothing more to do

Bottoming out of after lift and augmentation

+1

You are early in your post op period. The scar placement may or may not be an issue for you. Let things heal before you decide to do any revisional procedures.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast Implants Bottoming Out or Double Bubble?

+1

Thank you for your question. Please wait 6 months before evaluating your final result.

My concern is that both breasts appear as though the implants are below the incisional scar for the lift/reduction. The fullness of both implants seems to be below the nipple areola on both sides.

If this is the case at 6 months a simple inferior tightening of the pocket/capsule will push the implants upward into a better position.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Bottoming out

+1

Hello. It is still early to tell what your final result will be and it is hard to determine if your implant is bottoming out from pictures alone. The only picture that has an appearance of bottoming out is the one where you are laying on your back but the standing pictures do not show anything that I would be worried about. The best advise I can give you would be to measure the distance from the bottom of your areola to your IMF. If this distance is longer than 9 ½ centimeters then there is a good chance that you are bottoming out. I would recommend talking to your plastic surgeon for more answers.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Bottoming out post augmentation mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for your question!

It is hard to say from the photos if bottoming out is occurring. The scars are still quite fresh only 8 weeks out, so the eye for the time being is guided to the scar. A 2-stage augment mastopexy is definitely known as a safe way to go! I would recommend you work on scar management, take it easy with physical exertion on the arms/chest area, and wait and see. Keep in close touch with your operating surgeon who should help you through the postoperative period.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Has my Right Implant Bottomed Out? (Staged Surgeries, Lift/reduction and BA About 8 Months Apart)

+1

GREAT! posted series of photos BUT you did not post an original before. The result is acceptable but yes the one is bottoming out and needs revision by capsularraphy inferiorly. 

Bottoming out?

+1

It certailny looks the case in the lying down photo and in the full frontal photo. It may need correction. Being that it is 8 weeks post-op I doubt a bra will help.  Best to follow with your surgeon.

Bottoming Out after Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

I perform breast lift and augmentation at the same time.  In the handful of times I staged it, I performed the augmentation first.  Any of these variations is acceptable.  You may need a combination of things done at 3 to 6 months, but I would give it more time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Has my Right Implant Bottomed Out?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. I am of mixed feeling in answering your question despite clarity of the question and good photos. Sometimes there just is no substitute for an in person exam. 

The fold looks fine at rest in three of the four photos. However in the supine (lying down) photo bottoming out is suggested. 

While this is still healing I would recommend wearing a bra with good underwire support. After being fitted, have your surgeon check it out. By minimizing any further downward pressure you may be able to avoid another procedure. If the breasts look good at rest, and there is no progression of bottoming out, I would hesitate to recommend more surgery. 

Do follow with your surgeon.  All the best.