My Right Eyelid Does Not Fold Back, So Looks Uneven? (photo)

My right eyelid does not fold back all the way. It isn't all the time but very noticeable when it's happening.

Weak Upper Lid

+1

Thanks the photos are helpful.  You have a weakness of the upper eyelid muscle that raises the upper lid.  This is called ptosis (toe sis).  It can be corrected by a surgeon who has extensive experience with this type of issue.

Dr. 

Ptosis of your eye

+1

It looks like you have ptosis of your eyelid and depending upon the severity will determine what the right procedure would be to correct this for you.

My Right Eyelid Does Not Fold Back, So Looks Uneven?

+1

I agree with Dr. Hughes that you do appear to have an upper eyelid droop (ptosis). Seek a consultation with an Oculoplastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon with ptosis repair experience. A simple upper eyelid lift will likely not create any improvement in symmetry for you and might actually create a more prominent asymmetry. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You have ptosis of the affected eyelid and brow elevation on that side.  There are a number of things that can be done to improve symmetry in this case, depending upon the exam.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Uneven upper eyelids

+1

It's difficult to tell for sure from just those pictures, but it appears that your eyebrow is raised higher on your right side, which would make the upper eyelid appear different than the left.  I think that is most likely the cause of your upper eyelids being uneven.  It would be important to see how your upper eyelids look with both eyebrows relaxed.  The reason you don't see the issue with the upper eyelid all the time is that there are probably times when your eyebrows are relaxed and the eyelids are more symmetric.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of the lids is the rule rather than the exception.

+1

From the photograph submitted there appears to be more redundant skin of the upper lid on the left side than the right. If this is the case in is unwanted the asymmetry can be corrected at the time of the blepharoplasty.