I Had my Right Eyebrow Raised Permanently After a Facial Injury, Can Botox Lower It? (photo)

i had a road traffic accident 4 years before in which i sustained facial injuries......i had a scar below my right eyebrow and my right eyebrow is permanently raised since that accident.....i wonder that can botox injections into the frontalis can relax it and let the eyebrow lower upto the level or near to the level of the left eyebrow and bring back the symmetry

Artful Botox may be employed to change the position of your eyebrows.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed your photo:

I cannot promise that your right brow would lower with Botox injected to your right frontalis muscle without examining you. This may be worth consulting a reputable dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the nuances of Botox injections. Your left brow may be elevated slightly as well to optimize your outcome.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox treatment for traumatic facial asymmetry

+1

Facial trauma can result in a number of injuries at multiple levels that might contribute to your brow asymmetry.  The skeleton, muscles, and nerves could have been injured such that, respectively, the foundation, muscle action, and neural control of the muscles can be affected.  Furthermore, if the nerve was injured in one area but not in other areas, then unopposed muscle action can cause significant asymmetries.  Also, scarring from deep lacerations can cause contracture of the muscles and facial tissues.  A full evaluation in the office, with an assessment of your muscle dynamics, is warranted to see if Botox might be able to help your brow asymmetry.  In general, if frontalis muscle hyperactivity is the major cause of your asymmetry, then Botox should be able to help. 

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Had my Right Eyebrow Raised Permanently After a Facial Injury, Can Botox Lower It?

+1

Botox might be able to lower the right eyebrow by weakening the Frontalis muscle unless tissue removal, from the accident, is making the forehead skin tight.  Massage of the right eyebrow and forehead downward would most likely have a similar lowering effect in that case. 

+1

It is possible that Botox will help. A consultation would be required to determine whether or not this treatment would work. If your eyebrow position has to do with excessive muscle activity on the right side, then Botox likely would help. If the issue is that your eyebrow has healed in an elevated position and is now scarred down to the underlying tissue, then Botox is less likely to be of any help. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Great question. Only in person examination would allow the surgeon to determine the better course of action. Is the right elevated eyebrow due to loss of tissue vs a nerve injury to the frontal VII nerve or both?? The left brow motion needs to be measured. I doubt NON surgical options like BOTOX would really help. I think you might need release of the right frontal is fascia in a cross hatch technique to allow the descent of the right eyebrow with/o Botox to the right frontal is. Just my initial thoughts. 

Probably a good choice...can't be certain without knowing what kind of injury...but

+1

generally botox can be expected to be a wonderfully simple solution to your concerns...works relatively quickly and relatively inexpensive...sorry about both the accident and the less than desired cosmetic result...but almost certain you're looking in the right direction

Ken Landow, MD

Botox and brows

+1

Based on the photo you've provided, without seeing you in person it's very difficult to know what kind of movement you have in the surrounding musculature and whether or not you are a good candidate for Botox treatment. I would suggest consulting with a reputable facial plastic surgeon to determine what options you might have for a more permanent correction.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox treatment to improve facial symmetry

+1

As you mentioned, relaxing your frontalis on the right should lower your elevated brow and improve your symmetry.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD