Is my Right Eye Healing Okay? (photo)

Hello, I recently got a 3-DST procedure on both of my eyes, and a ptosis procedure just on my left eye. Its been about a month now, and my right eye is starting to worry me. My right eye is much harder to open, the inner corners is pretty uneven, and also sometimes when I wash my face my right eye fold will sting, and overall it looks much different than my left. Both my eyes look obvious that I had gotten surgery so the pictures are not 100% true than in person. Am i just overly worried?

Asian eyelid surgery Right eye looks different from the left

+1

The right eyelid fold seems to not be as tight as the left side especially in the outer corners. You may need another procedure to tighten the right side. If there is swelling the crease could improve on the right side. But the halfway open picture shows that it may not be as tight as the left one. The dst procedure seems to have more inconsistencies that I have noticed in my opinion. I prefer the open incisional technique to fix the crease.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your surgery may already be breaking down.

+1

Unfortunately, while these procedures are conservative, they often do not last long.  Surgeons may use absorbable sutures, permanent sutures, or either of these with suture removal.  As sutures break down, there can be a small degree of inflammation.  Permanent sutures can untie and the ends can cause irritation.  I would recommend an examination to determine if suture is causing irritation.  And yes when these surgeries fail, incisional double fold surgery is the answer.

Postoperative Asian Blepharoplasty

+1

You mention that you recently had the DST procedure performed, so it is likely that you have some residual swelling.  This should improve with time.  If, after a few months, if you still have asymmetry and desire revision, you may need to undergo an incision Asian blepharoplasty. 

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/asianblepharoplasty

DST after one month

+1

If you had a suture technique, then you may want to wait a few months. Many patients have some asymmetry in the eyes and a DST procedure can worsen it. If the asymmetry remains, then you may not be a good candidate for a suture technique. You may require an incision procedure to correct the underlying asymmetry.