My right eye has become really droopy recently. Can it be fixed? (Photo)

My left eye has always appeared smaller than my right but recently, I'd say the last year or so it has become really droopy and saggy. My right eye always feels sleepy too. Any idea what can cause this and how it can be rectified? Thanks

No your eyelids are not droopy.

+2
Actually you have bilateral upper eyelid retraction and proptosis.  I recommend that you see your internist to be assessed for your thyroid status.  You photograph is consistent with thyroid eye disease.   A careful assessment by an oculoplastic surgeon is appropriate.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a website that has a regional directory (ASOPRS dot org) that can help you find a well qualified oculoplastic surgeon.

Tired lids but prominent eyes

+1
  • You need a thorough examination by a Board Certified Ophthalmologist to evaluate your eyes,
  • And a Board Certified Endocrinologist to evaluate your thyroid and other hormones,
  • The photo is inconsistent with your description of the problem,

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD