Is my Right Breast Bottoming Out? (photo)

I'm really worried that my right breast (the on the left in the picture) is bottoming out? I'm 7 weeks post op and my right breast just looks and feels a bitt different and my nipple is slightly pointing upward. If it is bottoming out, is there any way to prevent further bottoming out?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Bottoming Out After Breast Augmentation

+1

Bottoming out occurs when the implant drops below the inframammary fold.  Every plastic surgeon has had patients with this issue.  To help prevent this I place stitches between the breast capsule, a deep layer of the skin below the fold and the rib.  Even with this I'll get one or two breasts per year that get bottoming out.  It often has to do with the quality of the patient's tissue. 

The correction is simple and requires removing the implant, closing off this bottomed out part of the pocket (internally) and replacing the implant.  For now wear supportive bras to prevent further issues.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Is my right breast bottoming out

+1

From your photos, it does not appear that you are bottoming out. Pre-op photos would be helpful to compare. Many times small asymmetries that were barely noticed pre-operatively are magnified after a breast augmentation. Perhaps visit your surgeon so you can both review your pre-op photos and with current photos and go from there. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming Out

+1

From the picture you provided I would not say it is bottoming out. Your folds look even and your implant did not drop below your fold. It would help to see your pre-op photos.

Bottoming out after breast augmentation

+1

From the photos you submitted, I would say no. The distance between your nipple and infra-mammary fold underneath your breast was greater on the right to begin with, and that is what I think you are noticing. Your folds look symmetric, and when bottoming out occurs, one or both folds generally drop. Your photos are taken looking up, so it is a little difficult to judge, but I would see your surgeon and get a complete evaluation if you remain concerned.

Bottoming out?

+1

It is difficult to say from the photo. It is best to see preop photos in standard views compared to the post-op ones.  Also best to be seen in person.

Breast Asymmetry

+1

I think you have a nice overall result.  At 7 weeks, I would recommend routine folowup and observation.   A good support bra during periods of physical activity will help prevent implant malposition from pectoralis major muscle over activity.

I recommend close followup with your board certified plastic surgeon and I wish you a fantastic final result!

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Is Breast Bottoming Out?

+1

I see a little asmymetry between the breast, but not sure if this is related to the difference before the surgery.  An exam is needed with a discussion of pre op photographs.  Discuss these concerns with your Plastic Surgeon, so that he can determine if a revision is needed in the future.

Implants drifting?

+1

Its hard to tell with these photos if the implant is drifting below the nipple.  Its possible you had some assymetry to the nipples to begin with?  The result looks quite nice overall.  I would chat with your PS and see what they recommend.

Is there bottoming out?

+1

Dear piepstef,

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I do see a little asymmetry between the breasts but cannot tell if this is related to a difference that was present before surgery and if not is the change associated with the breast fold going down or the distance between the areola and the fold increasing.  All of these will have to be taken into account to make be able to make an educated assessment as well as determine what if anything will need to be done.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=337&StartRow=1