Why is my Right Breast So Much Bigger Than my Left? (photo)

About two weeks ago I had my BA . I have 325cc mentor smooth silicone on both sides . I'm worried. My left has always been a bit smaller .... But not that noticeable . Will this go away ? Help :(

Why is my Right Breast So Much Bigger Than my Left?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. The breast asymmetry that you are referring is commonly experienced, early in the postoperative period, after breast augmentation surgery. Often, breast implants “settle” at different rates. Of course, online consultants will not be able to  reassure you adequately;  your plastic surgeon, after in person examination will be your best resource for advice and/or reassurance.   Ultimately, I think that only time will tell whether the breast symmetry will improve over the course of the first several months after the procedure was performed.

Of course, generally speaking, patient should be aware that absolute symmetry of the breasts is rarely present before or after surgery;  hopefully, the degree of breast asymmetry that you experience in the long-term will  not be bothersome.  My patients have to tolerate me saying:  “sisters, not twins” or "breasts are like snowflakes, each one pretty, but different” during each visit.

For precise answers to questions regarding returning to exercise, you may wish to request an earlier than  already scheduled follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Asymmetry following breast augmentation.

+1

Unfortunately, your postoperative photos look as though you are leaning forward and not taking the picture from straight on. Your breasts will swell following a breast augmentation and the resolution of this swelling may be different from one breast to the other. The preoperative photo shows minimal asymmetry. With the addition of identical implants, you should have fairly symmetric breasts after the swelling has resolved. Give things time, keep your follow up appointments, and follow your postoperative instructions.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Modest asymmetry in volume is common after breast augmentation short-term.

+1

You indeed appear to have some asymmetric volume of the breasts. This would fall within the degrees of freedom of normal healing. Nevertheless check in with your plastic surgeon.

+1

Better posted afters would help. But you need to rule out extra fluid in right side, like seroma. vs incorrect implant placed. Or a poor decision not to go a size up on the right implant from 325 to 350 cc. This in my opinion will not correct without further surgery. 

Early post op asymmetry issues

+1

It is hard to understand how you went from your pre-operative breast condition to the augmented photo.  The implants appear to be up to high forcing the nipples down where the were facing forward prior to surgery.  Continue to follow instructions and hopefully the implants will drop into a lower position.  It is possible that you have a seroma or hematoma, follow up with your plastic surgeon for an examination.  

+1

The post op photos would be much more helpful if they were taken with the same technique as the before pic. I am having trouble with the views presented here, and I am not sure I am seeing what you see. 

All breasts are somewhat uneven, and this is almost always more apparent at larger size. All the best. 

+1

Dear Sweetpea,

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you may have a fluid collection in the right breast, either blood (hematoma) or plasma (seroma).  There does not appear to be any infection to my eye.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon and discuss possibilities.  You may need to have the right side drained.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon