My Right Breast Become Hard and Swollen After Breast Implants? (photo)

I had my surgery almost a month. And it was all good until this morning. My left breast is fine but my right breast become hard and swollen so that I feel pain and its hard like rock! Does it a capsular contracture happen on me? Help!

Breast Implant Surgery

+1
You can develop a hematoma or seroma any time after surgery, the swelling is dramatic and should probably be drained to improve the log term sequelae of surgery

Swelling

+1

Capsular contracture does not happen so early after surgery. The swelling on the two sides may be resolvong at different rates

Sudden Increase in Size After Breast Augmentation

+1

Any sudden increase in the size of breasts after breast augmentation must be evaluated by the plastic surgeon who operated.

Sudden Change in Breast Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Sorry to hear about the recent change you have experienced. Based on your picture and description, you are likely dealing with a fluid  accumulation around the breast implant;  you should seek immediate follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Increased Swelling One Month After Breast Augmentation

+1

It would be odd for a capsular contracture to occur overnight.  I would be concerned that you may have a seroma or a hematoma.  Immediate examination by your PS is mandatory.

Dr. ES

Sudden changes in breasts postoperatively need to be assessed immediately.

+1

Hello Angelica,

A sudden enlargement associated with pain is a hematoma until proven otherwise.  Even though you are a month away from surgery, there is a possibility that the implant could be resting on a blood vessel, and some movement tore this blood vessel.  Other possibilities are that you have an infection or a seroma.  Either way, you need to be assessed by your surgeon immediately.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

My Right Breast Become Hard and Swollen After Breast Implants?

+1

You need immediate medical attention. Rule out a hematoma on the right larger result breast. PLEASE seek care. 

Breast hard

+1

A sudden change in the shape is worrisome. I suggest that you see your surgeon as soon as possible to be properly evaluated.  Good luck!

My Right Breast Become Hard and Swollen

+1

If this is a sudden change, a call to your surgeon and an appointment to be examined is in order. There are a number of possibilities  none of which can be distinguished on line. There could be a collection of fluid or blood, and infection, a capsular contracture amoung others.It is a bit early to see a contracture. 

If this was not so sudden a change I would suspect that the left implant has settled in place while the right one has not yet done so. 

Do arrange to see your surgeon. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Hard breast.

+1

Hello Angelica. Thanks for posting and your photos. This could a muscle spasm. It may also be the beginnings of a capsular contracture. Swelling can also occur when you developed trapped fluid under the skin like a seroma or hematoma. If this indeed is a sudden change than you should contact your PS today. There's no way to know exactly what the cause is without an examination so I suggest you talk to your plastic surgeon today. They may want to see you in the office. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.