Are my Rhinoplasty Wishes Achievable? (photo)

I would defiantly like to get a nose job and i have researched into it thoroughly. My question is, is what I want achieveable? As you can see the tip of my nose is quite square, I would like this more rounded. The bridge of my nose has a slight bump which sticks out to the side more than on the top, which i would like I would like removed/softened and Perhaps the overall size downscaled. If these are possible what type of sergery would I be looking at ?

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos corroborate your assessment of a square tip and a bump at the bone-cartilage junction of the bridge. It is possible to correct these. The type of surgery is a rhinoplasty with rasping of the bridge, trimming of the tip cartilages and suture shaping of the tip cartilages. That should give you what you are looking for.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Rhinoplasty tip shaping

+1

You have a nicely balanced nose from a side profile and your procedure would really focus on tip refinement. The broadness of the tip is due to the shape of the lower lateral cartilages. Their structure determines the shape of your tip. Very likely, the cartilages have a rounder, more convex shape rather than a more angled and narrow structure. The domes (or peaks) of these cartilages are probably a bit more spread out than usual. 

Your goals are very realistic, and surgery by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon could definitely give you an excellent result. Remember that tip surgery is actually the most difficult part of nasal reshaping and it needs to be done with great care. 

The small hump on the bridge could also be straightened during your procedure without much difficulty.

Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Cosmetic Surgery-Rhinoplasty and Facial Surgery, Toronto, Canada

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Rhinoplasty techniques may be used to improve your tip and remove your bump..

+1

You may want to consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what you could expect to achieve following nose job surgery. Your square tip may be refined, and your profile-hump may be lowered to achieve a more pleasing, feminine appearance. As always, choose your surgeon wisely.

All the best.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Achievable rhinoplasty

+1

Your goals are definitely achievable in the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. There are several examples on my website of noses almost identical to yours (boxy tip with strong cartilage and dorsal hump).   Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty wishes are achievable

+1

In order to see how things can appear computer imaging can be helpful to see the changes you suggest and how they might fit your face. I think the rhinoplasty that you wish for can be achieved. The type, just call it a full or complete rhinoplasty.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD.

Rhinoplasty for box tip and hump in wide nose.

+1

Your goals are achievable IF you pick an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.  Whether done open or closed  depends on the skill of the surgeon.

Very accurate andf precise nasal analysis

+1

I think you have analyzed your nasal  "problems" properly. In my opinion, you would achieve a great result with an OPEN RHINOPLASTY; the aim would be to refine the tip (narrower and with proper tip definition), ant to redefine de dorsum (reducing it) eliminating the hump.

Now you only need a Board Certified Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgeon. Explain him your concerns, and he will give you all de peri-operative details.

Fine analysis!

Good look!

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Quite a simple nose

+1

It sounds like you have correctly analyze the problems with your nose. In the hands of an experienced surgeon, this minimal approach to achieve the goal that you desire.

John E. Sherman, MD

Rhinoplasty surgery should achieve your wishes

+1
You have a very nice nose for surgical enhancement. Your tip needs some refinement and a few aesthetic changes via rhinoplasty surgery should be quite attainable with a very nice natural result. See a good experienced surgeon. In the consulting phase I use a digital imaging computer which allows me the ability to show my patients the proposed surgical result. This process would be very helpful in showing you what your perfect aesthetic results could and should look like with proper surgical technique. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Reaalisti Expectations for Rhinoplasty Result

+1

You criticisms of your nose are appropriate and your expectations sound realistic. If you have surgery with minimal reduction of your bridge and refinement of your tip by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon you will achieve a natural result.