I Had my Rhinoplasty Surgery on Jan 16th is It Now Okay to Wear Sunglasses Again? (Rayban Aviators to Be Exact)

Sunglasses after rhinoplasty

+1

By now (almost 3 months after surgery) wearing sunglasses should not cause any problems.  Check with your surgeon as there may be unique circumstances

Sunglasses after rhinoplasty

+1

If your rhinoplasty involved osteotomies (breaking the nasal bones), then 6 weeks should be sufficient to wear glasses. However, if minor tip revision was preformed, glasses can be worn a week later. I would recommend you to ask your surgeon for better advice. Best regards, Dr. Sadati

Web reference: http://www.galleryofcosmeticsurgery.com

Glasses After Rhinoplasty

+1

The answer to this question depends on what was done during your rhinoplasty and is thus best answered by your surgeon. Rhinoplasty literally means changing the shape of the nose. In doing so, there are different techniques and maneuvers performed that is decided upon by your surgeon depending on the nose you start with, and what results need to be achieved.

The main concern over glasses is that if a maneuver called an osteotomy was performed, where the nasal bones are moved, wearing glasses afterwards can affect the results by putting pressure on the nasal bones which can shift them for about 6 weeks after surgery. There are a few other reasons that would cause you surgeon to caution you about wearing glasses so I would definitely ask him/her to get the correct answer.

Web reference: http://www.drsteiger.com/procedures/nose/rhinoplasty.html

Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glasses and rhinoplasty

+1

I usually tell patients to avoid glasses on the nose for six weeks, but every doctor is a bit different.

Glasses are OK four to six weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Surgeons will vary, but we allow our patients to wear sunglasses after four to six weeks and have seen no problems.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

I typically advise patients to avoid glasses for 6 weeks

+1

I typically advise patients to avoid glasses for 6 weeks.  If you had osteotomies (separation of the nasal bones), there is a chance that your glasses will leave an indentation.  Aviators are quite heavy and I would likely hold off at least 8 weeks to ensure you have adequate healing.

Warmest regards,

Dr. Pippin

Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glasses after rhinoplasty

+1

You still have some swelling, assuming that you did not only had your tip worked on, which means that when you wear the glasses, they may leave an indentation where the nose piece sits on your nose.

However, once the glasses are removed and the pressure is relieved the indentations will be gone. I have my patients wear glasses 2 wks after rhinoplasty and I have not seen nay long term problems.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon