Is my rhinoplasty surgeon being honest with me about my nose and its healing?

I am 4 months post rhinoplasty, healthy 20 year old male. Had my tip reshaped, raised, bump shaved and bridge narrowed. My nose still juts out too far from my face especially the tip. I also have a part of the bump that has seemed to have returned on one side of the bridge. He tells me there is still alot of healing to be done even at 4 months but they say at 3 to 6 months you should be able to see the final shape of your nose. Is he correct or is he just trying to avoid a revision?

Nose Surgery Revision

+1
If you are worried that your nose is sticking too far, probably a touch up is needed but preferably, wait for the other structures to at least settle in another 2 more months.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Persistent Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1
I am in total agreement with the other Dr.s.  Allow 8 to 12 months to pass.  The swelling will subside and it will be easier to determine if any irregularities are present.  It you are not totally pleased, then a second opinion would be in order.  Good Luck

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty heals in 6 to 12 months.

+1
Rhinoplasty heals in 6 to 12 months. Be patient and I am sure the swelling in your nose will go down.

Post Op Rhinoplasty Concerns

+1
It does take ~ one year for the final result. At 4 months there is nothing to do but wait. No surgeon would perform a revision rhinoplasty before 6 - 12 month. Be patient. Consult your surgeon. If you are not satisfied with the consult, seek a second opinion.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon