My rhinoplasty revision is not what I wanted and it looks no different?

I had a very large bump on my nose which was shaved off a few years back. However, the tip was very round so I wanted it to be smaller and closer to my face. I am five months out of surgery and still see no results at all. Friends who have not seen me in a while have even said "when are you going to get that surgery you wanted done" because there is no change. I spent about $10,000 to get this done and now fear I wasted my money. What would happen at this point?

+1

It is just too early to tell.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Revision rhinoplasty result at 5 months

+1

Amanda, it is difficult to assess your situation without looking at your photos. There could be several factors that explain lack of improvement. Post-operative swelling at 5 months is a very realistic possibility, especially after revision nasal surgery. However, without looking at your nose, and the operative report from your surgeon, it is difficult to provide any other explanations. My advice for you is to wait another 6 months, and if you are not satisfied at that point, seek a second opinion from a qualified surgeon.

Grigoriy Mashkevich, MD

Grigoriy Mashkevich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It's difficult to advise you without photos and knowing exactly what the surgeon did to address your problem. With some revisions that I do I advise patients that we are going on an 12-18 month journey before we'll know how successful we are. I think that you ought to be able to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and get his/her thoughts on where this is going.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon