Will my Rhinoplasty Look Overdone and Unnatural? (photo)

I'm fearful that my requests to reduce nostril width, refine the tip, and narrow/define the bridge of my nose will result in an unnatural look. All in all, I want a smaller, defined, aesthetically pleasing nose... Will these demands make or break my goals? And if my requests will not achieve my desired effect, does anyone have a suggestion as to what exactly would demonstrate my goals?

Overdone Rhinoplasty?

+2

You speak very intelligent with your observations that you point out. I think what you have in mind is very realistic. Rhinoplasty surgery is very delicate and you need to make sure you choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon that is well trained and qualified to perform these procedures. I think voicing your goals at several office visits so you and your surgeon are on the same REALISTIC page is important. Some things you want may not be possible to the degree you are looking for and others may be totally possible. You sound very in tune with what you want so stick with that and find an excellent surgeon.

Overdone, Unnatural Rhinoplasty Results

+2

I agree with your evaluation of your nose and feel your goals are very realistic. You will achieve a natural result if the work is done by an experienced surgeon whose results you like in noses like yours.

Aligning patient and surgeon expectations/goals in rhinoplasty

+2

Your demands are reasonable, and I think well thought out.  What's going to "make or break" your surgery are not your goals, but you and your surgeon's combined vision.  It's important to be on the same page as him/her so that your surgeon understands your goal is a natural looking refinement of your nose.  Looking at before and after prictures of your surgeon's work is helpful in this regard.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to a narrower, refined, natural looking nose.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Your concerns and expectations may be valid, and your outcome after nose job surgery is dependent on your surgeon. You may benefit from meeting several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural rhinoplasty

+2

The goals that you have identified and hope to achieve with your upcoming rhinoplasty are realistic. Narrowing the bridge and the nostril width along with some work to better define the tip are the areas that most require attention. Whether or not the results look natural depends on the surgeon.  

It is important to communicate your goals to the surgeon.  Showing him photos of noses that you like can help.  If you feel confident that your surgeon understands your goals and that he can deliver them, you should be in good shape.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Male Rhinoplasty Procedure

+2

Dpow, I would agree with the plan to narrow the bridge, refine the nasal tip and reduce the width of the nasal base. These are probably the three most obvious features of your nose that I see. If done in the hands of an expert rhinoplasty surgeon with experience in ethnic rhinoplasty, you should be able to have a very nice, natural looking result.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon