I Had my Rhinoplasty Done on July 2. Today is July 25. Will Removing the Tape Early Affect Anything?

PS said I could remove it today... But aren't we supposed to wait a month?

Removing Nasal Tape At 3 Weeks Post-op

+1

Hi,

Removing the tape off of your nose is the decision of your surgeon who knows the full details of your surgery and been monitoring your progress.

Usually, the nasal tape is removed at about 4 weeks post-op but this does not mean that it cannot or should not be removed sooner or later than that.

Some patients develop a certain reaction because of the tape and so they have to get the tape removed sooner than 4 weeks while others with an aggressive surgery may have to keep the tape on more than 4 weeks as per their surgeon's instructions.

I believe that trusting your surgeon is essential at this point and let mother nature take its course; you have just started the race and you should have about 11 more months to go before you can see your final results.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Taping after Rhinoplasty

+1

There is no hard rule as to how long to leave the tape after rhinoplasty. Removing it now might allow some small amount of swelling to come back but the tissues and blood vessels are all sealed and in general late bleeding should not occur at this stage.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS