My Rhinoplasty Did Not Go As Planned, Can I Have Extra Cartilage Removed?

I don't want a large nose. The bridge of the nose is fine with me, but the tip makes me look like an elf. And it's a large tip for my face, I would like to have the extra cartilage inside the tip removed, is this possible? It's been a year and a half btw

+1

Yes, if there is still excess tip cartilage, this can be refined further using Revision Rhinoplasty or Tip-plasty.

+1

Your tip can be made smaller and refined, and the overall size of your nose can be reduced if you like.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It can be done at this time. You should find someone who is proven to deliver the results you want. Speak with them about your expectations so you can have the nose you love. If you are in Los Angeles or would consider traveling here we can schedule a consultation. Good luck  

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with your result. If it has been over a year since your initial surgery, it is possible to further refine the nasal tip with a revision procedure. I would recommend consulting with a revision rhinoplasty specialist. They will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and good luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear JCR7FJ,

I did not see any photos posted with this question which would be extremely helpful. With that said by your description of your nose looking "elf like" I will assume the tip may be rotated and full as you describe wanting the cartilages thinned. Since you are a year into your recovery from your original rhinoplasty you would be able to have a revision at this time. If you want to go back to your original surgeon then I  would have a full discussion of your exact expectations. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

+1

Hi J,

You should speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon, or other surgeons about a revision rhinoplasty.  Make sure that you clearly communicate what bothers you and what your revision rhinoplasty goals are.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty for Nasal Tip Deformity

+1

Thank you for sharing your experience and questions. Balance is important between the the upper 1/3rd, middle 1/3rd and the lower 1/3rd on both frontal and profile views. It also should be in harmony with the rest of your face. Other than these generalities, it is difficult to give you any recommendations about surgical interventions for the nasal tip you dislike. A series of photographs would be very helpful. At 1 1/2 years since your operation, a  revision surgery is certainly possible.  Do your homework when deciding on the surgeon  to perform your revision procedure. I hope this helps. Take care.  

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision of nasal tip

+1

It is possible to have a revision of your tip and possible removal of excess cartilage.  Really need a photograph for more detailed information

Revision rhinoplasty?

+1

Without seeing you in person, it is very difficult to say whether or not you could benefit from a revision rhinoplasty.

Revision

+1

You may have a revision at this times.  Usually a year is enough for things to settle down.  See a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty surgery since these are more difficult.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD