I Had my Rhinoplasty 8 Days Ago and I've Been Bleeding Alot Today. What Caused it?

For the last 2 days I've been hanging out with my friends but relax, no parties no sports. I remember I jumped maybe tbat caused it? Or sleeping at 6am?

+1

Slight oozing after rhinoplasty is very common for the first week. Significant bleeding requiring intervention is very unlikely. To avoid bleeding, keep your blood pressure down (no exercise, heavy lifting, straining) and your nose well hydrated with gentle nasal saline irrigation. If the bleeding stopped spontaneously, you’ll be just fine but I do suggest you inform your surgeon as he may want to have a look.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding after rhinoplasty

+1

Bleeding a week after a rhinoplasty can be caused by several different things, and knwoing what exactly was done in the OR would be helpful. If it is excessive bleeding you should talk to your surgeon.

Bloody Nose after Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)

+1

The best way to  mostly avoid nasal bleeding after a nose  surgery is to follow the following recommendations.  Remember a moist nose is generally a happy nose and a dry crusty nose is not so happy.    Always use a cool mist vaporizer in your bedroom at night.  Use nasal sprays of saline every 4 hours when awake.  Sleep with you head elevated on  2 or 3 pillows.  Put a little Vaseline or vicks or bacitracin in your nose three times a day with the tip of your little finger.   After a week or so (when showering) clean you nose very gently with a q tip and baby shampoo if your surgeon agrees. After the cleaning apply a little Vaseline etc.  This prevents crusts that can stimulate bleeding when they break off.   This cleaning regimen in addition helps the absorbable sutures fall off a little quicker.  Of course, for the first two weeks after surgery do not do anything with you head beneath your heart level.  Do not, for two weeks, do activities that raise your blood pressure.  Do not PICK your nose.   If questions always call you doctor.  If your do get a bleeding nose sit bolt upright and keep an ice pack over your nose and especially the base of your nose.  Using this formula,  I have only had to take only one patent in 30 years back for a very minor stop the bleeding surgery.   Significant  nasal bleeding can occur but fortunately is very rare.  Generally a little blood may come and then it stops and all is well.   You will be fine.  My Best, Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Nose Bleeding after Rhinoplasty

+1

I am sorry you are dealing with a nose bleed. The best resource for the possible cause and what to do next, is your surgeon.  You should give him a call. That said. bloody oozing after a rhinoplasty is not uncommon. It usually resolves over the first 3-5 days post-op without any any intervention. A nose bleed that requires attention is one that resembles a runny faucet. Any intervention should be directed by your surgeon. As for the cause, it is hard to tell. Trauma, straining, lifting, bearing down, increased activity, straining, head down positioning, blowing, dryness, and the random loosening of a clot are all possibilities. I would try to relax at this point and not beat yourself up over it. It will likely resolve on it own, but you should still let your surgeon know about it. I hope this helps. Good luck with the nose bleed. 

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon