How Much Would my Rhinoplasty Cost and What Would Have to Be Done to Fix the Nose Tip? (photo)

I have a bump on my nose and the tip is downward and the length is too long, I don't mind the width though.Is it possible for me to get my nose fixed without breaking bones? I really want the tip fixed and the length to be shorter if that is fixed I wont mind the bump really. And what would the cost be, I am a student and don't have a huge budget. and also how long after the surgery can I get my nose pierced?

Cost of rhinoplasty

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty is $6,985, which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon’s fee for performing the rhinoplasty.  This would include hump removal, osteotomies, shortening the nose, and trimming the membranous and cartilaginous caudal septum to shorten the nose.  It is best to wait at least 6 months after the rhinoplasty before getting any nose piercing.

Cost of rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty costs vary a great deal based on the complexity of the situation and the expertise of the surgeon.  In our clinic it is typically ~10,000 which covers all expenses (surgeon fee, OR fee, anesthesia fee)

Sam Naficy, MD

Cost of Rhinoplasty to Fix Nasal Tip

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty will vary  depending on  your location, the experience of your surgeon, and what is done. To improve your tip I would raise the columella, slightly increase tip rotation, and refine the tip if necessary. Although it would cost more if you also remove the hump , don't compromise your result to save money. Cost is a concern for all of us but your result will last a lifetime unless you have a revision at a later date; it is better to make all changes with one procedure. If the hump is removed it will be necessary to break the bones. Wait at least 6 weeks after surgery to pierce your nose.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip, long nose with bump.

+1

The cost of the nose is about $6-10,000 depending on how much work is involved. All you wanted can be done as well as correcting you're angling columella. Don't shop price shop quality. 

How Much Would my Rhinoplasty Cost and What Would Have to Be Done to Fix the Nose Tip?

+1

Better photos showing the entire length, of the nose, as well as front and base views would be best for a complete evaluation.  In order to determine if the nose needs to be broken, the size of the dorsal bony hump must be determined.  The nasal bones are a couple of mm's thick and if the bony hump is larger than that...the hump can's be rasped down alone.  This would result in an open rooof deformity and a wider nasal bridge.

The lower cartilage portion of the nasal hump is removed using a scalpel and would have no impact on whether the bones were broken or not.  Fees for Rhinoplasty vary greatly depending on the complexity of the Rhinoplasty.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose. 

Nose piercing after rhinoplasty may lead to problems

+1
  • The price for rhinoplasty is best researched in your own city or area.  Real Self does a nice job of listing the average price for a given location. 
  • You would be a good candidate to sit down with a facial plastic or plastic surgeon and discuss your goals.  The changes you have suggested seem reasonable.
  • A lot of my patients have nose piercing and I recommend waiting to get a new piercing after surgery.
  • The risk of an infection from the skin tunnel (piercing) and the potential change in your nasal appearance during the healing period should be considered.

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

A few photographs would be better especially a frontal view when discussing breaking the nose or doing osteotomies. From the side view I would suggest a rhinoplasty with a slight reduction of the nasal dorsum to remove the bump as you state and some work on the tip of the nose. Again some other photographs would be helpful for a better expert opinion. Seeing the entire face allows a surgeon to place all facial features into consideration when discussing rhinoplasty. If you would like to send some more photos to my email or website listed below I would be happy to further assist you. During the consulting phase I use a digital imaging computer which alows the patient to see the proposed surgical result prior to surgery. This is very helpful in discussing what can and should be done for the proper aesthetic result to go with your entire facial features. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD