What Should Be my Rhinoplasty/Chin Augmentation Plan? Dr. Says Wait Til Swelling Subsides. (photo)

I underwent Rhino in January... My nose was bad, and it's a lot better now. In a new consultation I was told it's still about a 1-2 MM too projected and too upturned. He said these 2 things will both come down/in as swelling goes down, and he said a revision could make the nostrils wider and be complicated. Chin is 1MM too weak. Second doc said fix nose and leave chin alone. I'm thinking get a size 1/small orally and be done. Would this give me the best subtle improvement to my appearance?

Plan for Rhinoplasty Revision & Chin Augmentation

+1

I support your surgeon's recommendations regarding your rhinoplasty recovery. The two concerns that you have, projection and rotation, may improve as your nose heals. A chin implant will improve chin projection and improve facial balance.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

It has only been a few months since your surgery, and you should wait about a year. As for the chin, it is weak and could benefit from a larger implant.

What Should Be my Rhinoplasty/Chin Augmentation Plan? Dr. Says Wait Til Swelling Subsides.

+1

Why don't you have this conversation with your current Rhinoplasty Surgeon as you're still relatively early in the post Rhinoplasty healing phase.  Aesthetically speaking, your chin is weak and could be improved with a chin implant.  I always perform chin augmentation with chin implants that are placed through an incision under the chin...not through the mouth.  IMO, going intra-orally cuts the muscle that can lead to chin ptosis later in life.  Hope this helps.  

When is the best time for revision rhinoplasty and chin augmentation?

+1

I agree that it's too soon to be considering a revision rhinoplasty surgery. I usually recommend waiting a year before discussing revision procedures in situations like this.

A chin implant could be considered to help balance our the face. A conservatively-sized implant could be placed to help with the subtle change you want.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nose contour and chin implant

+1

If you like your nose leave it alone.  It looks like a small chin implant would add balance to your profile.

In terms of "1mm" or tip rotation you should wait at least 6 months before assessing final result.  Again: if you like it, leave it alone.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Chin implant OK now - wait on the nose

+1

I agree that at this point it would be better to wait and let the nose settle.  A chin implant can help improve your profile

Sam Naficy, MD