Should I Have my Rhinoplasty and Upper Eyelids Done in Costa Rica? Any Advise Please.

I need some help to make up my mind, if I should have my surgery done in Costa Rica!! is it save? should I put my life in their doctors hand? Please Advise

Plastic Surgery in Costa Rica. Is it safe?

+1

Just think of it, the only advantage of going to Costa Rica for your surgery is a possible cost saving. But remember one of the most important part of any plastic surgery is the follow up. This is specially true for rhinoplasty where the final result is not evident before a year. Who would you go to if there is a problem. The other issue is any potential complication, for example eyelid retraction after eyelid surgery. Who would take care of it. The third issue is that the regulations in foreign countries are looser than in the US. For example a French company who sold hundreds of thousands of silicone breast implants to the entire world including South and Central America was recently shot down when they found they were using industrial grade silicone which is not for medical use.
Cosmetic surgery is not like a product you buy and you throw away if it's no good. You want to do it once and do it right. In the long run it's cheaper that way and a lot safer. Find the best surgeon you can find to increase your odds for a successful outcome.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery Out of the US

+1

Please think twice and then again about having your surgery done outside of the US.  Safety should always be the most important factor in undergoing elective surgery, and rules and regulations in foreign countries may have different standards.  I unfortunately have seen patients who have done their surgeries elsewhere and have regretted it afterwards from poor results or from having complications and needing to find a physician here who will care for their problems afterwards.  While cost is an important consideration, please do not let it be the only factor for your surgery.  Please look at educational background, training, board certification, and expertise when having anything done to your face.  Botched surgery requiring additional surgery will cost you more in the long run, in addition to the emotional trauma.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Cosmetic Surgery in Costa Rica

+1

I am sure there are qualified surgeons in Costa Rica that perform rhinoplasty. The problem is verifying their credentials. I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgery who has experience in rhinoplasty. Good luck.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Foreign surgery

+1

There is an old saying you get what you pay for. Also I have had multiple patients call the office who have had problems from foreign surgery,  we will not see these patients.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Should I have Surgery done in Costa Rica?

+1

Cost of surgery should not be a major factor in deciding where to have a surgery done. Think of who will take care of you follow up or any problems that develop after surgery. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Costa Rica

+1

Remember, you get what you pay for. IF you have a problem after the surgery, do you really think they will take care of you?  No plastic surgeon here will want to take care of your problem. What do you know of the doctor? Are they even a real doctor or plastic surgeon. Go there for a vacation, come here for surgery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Medical tourism

+1

Goign our of the country to have surgery may be safe, but what happens if you have a problem there or when you get back. Who is going to treat you?