What Should I Do with my Revision?

In May of 2012 I had natrelle 360mm 410 implants placed subglandularly. I ended with visible rippling. I went for a second opinion and I was told that the pockets for my implants were too constricted and the implants are being squeezed causing them to fold. Should I have the pockets widened and replaced in same pocket or use smooth round implants in the submuscular position? I am concerned about rotation risk. I am not sure if I can trust my surgeon to dissect the new pockets correctly. Advice?

What Should I Do with my Revision?

+1

Ripples are reported to be quite unusual with the 410 implants, and it is likely that when they occur the cause may well be inadequate pocket dissection.Ideally, a fold in the implant would be detected during surgery and corrected. 

Opening up the pockets to the proper size seems like the best approach, though I am saying this without the benefit of an actual exam or photos. 

Choice of surgeon is your call. A new surgeon will most likely charge a higher fee. But if you have lost confidence in your surgeon, choosing another makes more sense. 

All the best. 

Revisionary Breast Surgery after Rippling of Breast Implants?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advise based on the limited information. Nothing will replace in-person consultation;  you may benefit from additional (second opinion) consultations.

Given your history of breast implant rippling, some consideration should be given to placement of the breast implants in the sub muscular position if possible.  In my practice, this type of operation would be  performed using round ( preferably silicone gel) breast implants.

Lost trust in your plastic surgeon

+1

As long as you, for whatever reason, have lost trust in your plastic surgeon, I'd advise going to someone else.  Otherwise you will always be wondering about the final post revision result and if it shouldn't have been done differently.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS