Can my Results Still Be Corrected or is It Not Worth the Risk? (photo)

Furthermore, Based on the Pictures What Can Be Done to Improve? Hi, I had an open rhino. about a year ago, I'm really unhappy with the results. I originally had a dorsal hump removed but the doctor put a whole bunch of grafts in my nose also. (I have oily med/thick skin and I think I still have shrinking/swelling left). However, it still looks droopy, long, wide especially when I smile or laugh. How do I find a good dr. that can fix my nose type, my last specialist surgeon had a great "record" but it obviously didn't cut it. Any info would help. Thanks.

I agree your nose would probably improve if it were shortened

+1

Even on a revision, shortening a nose by raising the tip can be one of the most predictable changes to make. See my "Web reference" link for a morph I made of one of your images.

Shortening a nose like that requires advanced work on the tip cartilages, so be sure your next surgeon has shown you before and after photos of other patients of his whose noses were shortened attractively. Seeing photos is your only way of checking out a surgeon's skill.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

As stated by others the pictures are not adequate, but given these you might not need much more than tip elevation, which by itself is relatively simple to do. Get several opinions. Good luck.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos are inadequate for a full assessment but definitely show a drooping tip and possibly an open roof which you perceive as a wide bridge. Open rhinoplasty is particularly good for fixing a drooping tip so it is unclear why you had this result.

Your best bet is to bring your operative records and before photos when you see prospective revision surgeons. I suspect you will need an infracture for the open roof, grafts or alignment sutures to raise the tip and division of the muscles that pull the tip down as well as those that raise the outer nose lip junction to get the result you want. I think it is worth the risk if you have the right surgery by a carefully chosen surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Can my Results Still Be Corrected or is It Not Worth the Risk?

+1

I think you will get the most benefit from tip elevation, but the other measures may be appropriate as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Improving Nose after Surgery

+1

After looking at a couple pictures I feel your nose can be improved; better pictures as described on my website would be helpful. I strongly suggest you improve the quality of your nasal skin. Many surgeons like us have aestheticians in their offices or consult with a dermatologist. As you know skin quality can dramatically influence the appearance of the nose. Many times I recommend that patients have skin care before surgery.

Is Revisional Rhinoplasty Worth It?

+1

Your nose could be successfully shortened and made less droopy but the less wide goal may not be that achievable. It would be helpful to see what your original nose looked like and have an idea from the operative report as to exactly what was done. (where the grafts are) 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Revision rhinoplasty for the droopy tip etc.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the droopy tip etc.can be improved by shortening your nose, elevating the tip, etc. See a revision rhinoplasty experienced surgeon for the best results.