Are my Results "Botched"? 450 cc, Gel, Under Muscle. (photo)

I had 450cc gel implants placed under the muscle 12 days ago. My left implant sits a whole inch higher than the right. They are still dropping, but I'm having trouble being patient. Why would this happen? I think my PS made the pocket on my left side too narrow because the implant doesn't want to go down even when I massage it. I started with symmetrical 36A cups. The 450cc brought me to an ugly result, too small. If I need a revision will it be difficult to go to place larger implants?

Implants

+1

Your implants definitely look too high, and certaily worse on the one side you are worried about.  If the muscle was releaseed adequatley, they should come down as the tissues relax. Give it some time and follow closely with your doctor.

You need smaller implants

+1

I do not have your before pictures but based on the after pictures you have tubular breast. Your lower breast pole is constricted and was not released . Your implants are too big for your breast tissue . You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Bigger implants will not open your lower pole and make the problem even worse.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Early breast asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

It is common for breast implants to sit "high" for several months after breast augmentation. As the implants drop into position, the shape improves. While this dropping can occur at different rates a between the right and left breast, they usually look relatively similar. You show a picture in which there is significant symmetry between the two breasts. I agree that it is very very early after surgery (only 12 days), but you have reason to be slightly concerned. I suspect that there has been uneven pocket creation during the surgery. The asymmetry will likely improve over the next few months, but I would be very surprised if you are happy with the final result. I think a revision surgery is in your future but you will need to wait 6 -9 months to allow adequate healing before having another surgery.  A Velcro strap may help but again, I think this is more than simply "uneven settling".  Sorry for the bad news.  Drschulmanplasticsurgery.com

Breast Implants

+1

Based on your pictures, your implants look too high.  You may see some improvement as the swelling goes down and the tissues settle - you are early post op.  However, you may likely need a revision surgery to release the inferior pocket to allow the implants to settle in a natural position.  

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Breast augmentation gone wrong

+1

True, 12 days is early, but my bet is that the pockets are not right and the implant will not 'drop' into the breast. There is asymmetry of the skin envelope which may have posed a challenge to your surgeon, though a revision at a later time may be in your future. You can have a larger implant after there has been some give and relaxation of the breast, and this may be the silver lining to your cloud.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

12 days postop

+1

While your implants are aysmmetric now, they may even up with more time.  You certainly don't want to consider revision yet.  Your implants will probably also appear larger as your pectoral muscles relax.  Some of the excess fullness in the right breast could be fluid around the implant that will reabsorb over time.  Be patient.

12 Days Post-op Too Early To Assess Results

+1

Since you are only 12 days out from your breast augmentation, it is way too early to see the final result.  I have my patients wear a Velcro strap over the top of the breasts to encourage downward migration of the implants.  You might check with your surgeon to see if he/she feels this would be appropriate for you to try.

Breast Augmentation Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

At 12 days postop,  is much too early to judge the final results of your surgery. There are many variables involved including swelling/inflammation  as well as breast implant position changes  etc.

I  would suggest that you allow for several months to pass before evaluating the results of surgery. In the meantime, continue follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm