Will my Recovery from a Tummy Tuck and Gynecomastia Be Easier?

I am a 19 year old male, 5' 9", went from 265 to now 170. Planning on being around 160 to 165 for my surgery. I am a runner, in good shape, and my abdomen is strong enough that they will not have to repair my muscles. Will my recovery be any better compared to other patients?

Recovery from a Tummy Tuck and Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question. Not having to do a muscle repair will help significantly in pain reduction. You will heal faster, but you will still have to allow the incision to heal, and reduce activity until cleared. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

A tummy tuck without plication will result in a much easier recovery.  The gynecomastia and tummy tuck can be performed at the same time if you would like.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA