Does my Reconstruction Labiaplasty Look Ok? (photo)

I had a botched labiaplasty, and was reconstructed.. does my surgery look like a normal labia? Does my vulva appear normal?

"Normal" Labia

+3
According to the general definition of  "normal", your genital area does appear to be that. If you have concerns, you should speak to your surgeon, however your results look great in my opinion.

Labiaplasty goals and outcome

+3

A labiaplasty is designed to improve your self confidence and to reduce the size of the labia minora.  In truth, there is no ideal size or shape for the labia minora, but the goal of surgery should be a combined effort of your plastic surgeon and you.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Revised labiaplasty outcome.

+3

As my colleagues have stated, this is an excellent outcome by most any standard, even without the benefit of pre-operative photographs to compare with. One of your labia majora (outer lips) appears somewhat "deflated," but this is only because you asked about any deviation from "normal." Fat grafting can improve this area if it remains  a concern. Thank your surgeon and leave well-enough alone, unless you are still troubled by this. Trust me, no one is examining this area as closely as you. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Labia reconstruction

+2

Your results look very normal...most people would never know you had any surgery there unless you told them.  Your surgeon did an excellent job.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Reconstruction after botched labiplasty

+2

Thank you for the photo. The vulva looks normal, but the labia minora look still somewhat swollen. I agree with the other opnions, your surgeon did an excellent job. Cosmetically it looks normal and I assume that you do not have functional problems. Best wishes.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Labia Minora Appearance Normal?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

I do not see anything in the photograph that appears “abnormal” or concerning.

Labiaplasty

+1

Based on your photo, it appears that your surgeon did an excellent job.  Schedule your post op visits as recommended.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

What is a normal labia

+1

depends a lot on what your started with and what was 'reconstructed'.  Without the benefit of your 'before' photos, it is difficult to comment on your current result.  What are you comparing yourself to as to what is 'normal'.  Is normal a 20 y/o before children or a 40 y/o after several children?  As for your current appearance, it looks okay but I would wonder if you are having any symptoms or irritation.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labial Reconstruction

+1

Congratulations on picking an excellent reconstruction surgeon.  From the photograph provided, I see nothing abnormal.  Your labia look completely normal, and if you had not told me, I would not have known these were reconstructed labia.  Kudos to your surgeon.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon