Will my Radix Return to Normal Size? (photo)

Will my radix decrease in size? When I touch it, I can feel the top of the nasal bones sticking out much further than prior to surgery. I'm afraid that when the osteoplasty was performed, the surgeon shifted the nasal bones up my face, making this part protrude. It is unsightly when taking pictures at an angle, making my nose stick out weird between my eyes. Looking at the pictures from the day of cat removal to 2 weeks post-op, the radix does not seem to have reduced one bit. 19 y/o female btw

It's too early to tell

+1

You should not be too concerned yet. Best to wait 4 to 6 months at least. Get follow up photos later to compare the appearance of your profile before and after surgery. Discuss any dissatisfaction with your surgeon then.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal swelling two weeks post op.

+1

Once the cast or splint is removed the nose swells some more but it will go down.  Two weeks is too soon to make a final judgement.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Radix swelling two weeks after surgery

+1

`At two weeks radix swelling is normal and the tip will be stiff.  Give it time to settle down. I also do not see difference between the photos.

Radix swelling after rhinoplasty

+1
Stiffness in the tip is typical, and swelling is the rule over the radix where there is more softer tissue. The radix should go down after three to four weeks. We can't see any differences in the photos you sent from five days to two weeks.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty