Im 5'7 155lbs, 38B. How Big Can I Go, How Many Ccs? What Type of Implant Would Be Best for Me?

Im 5'7 155lbs, 38B-30-40. I want to be a full D (DD) & have them placed under the muscle. I want full looking breasts. I dnt want to look wide or have side boobs, since i have a band width of 38. rib cage is 33in. I was told i need a slight lift on my right breast, it hangs lower than my left (my right is a little bigger) would a lift thru the nipple be ok? after pics of that look horrible, not prone to bad scarring, but worried. I measured from my side of breasts to the other & im 17in. Thx.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Braest augmentation - how big is too big

+1

The think yuo need to remember is that the skin needs to carry the weight of the breast implant.

If the skin has let yuo down once before , it is likely that it will again if too big an implant is used. My advice is think of the cup size yuo want to be and work from there. Avoid too big an implant to avoid problems into the future

Jeremy Hunt   

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Avoid Large Implants by simultaneous lift

+1

The best implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  If you are a 38 B then 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  Size D would require 400 cc implants and a size DD would require 600 cc implants.  However, impants that large may not be able to fit behind the pectoralis major muscle.  If too large of implants are placed they will extrude laterally producing the side boobs you do not want.  Since you need a lift, I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique only uses a circumareola incision to place the implants, reshape your breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness, elevate the breast higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give you the maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  You may be an excellent candidate for this new technique.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

My Questions Are How Big Can I Go, How Many Ccs? What Type of Implant Would Be Best for Me?

+1

A lift around the areola may be OK, particularly if the difference between the two breasts is not a great difference.  Pictures or an exam would help.  For sizing, I would recommend trying on sizers in the office.  A simple measurement can determine easily how large an implant would be appropriate.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implants and maybe a lift

+1

Without seeing at least photos I can not say if you might need a lift. As for implant volume it is best to get sized in the office after an exam and discussion of your goals.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Despite your excellent description of body type and goals,  it is not possible to give you specific advice without direct examination or at least viewing pictures.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “DD cup” or "full look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

Given your body dimensions, a D/DD sizing is achievable.

Don't be too caught up on the amount of cc's as the dimensions of the implant to suit your body shape and wishes are more important. For example, the same volume implant but a different dimension can give you a busty cleavage versus a natural look.

Small breast lifts or minor asymmetry can be improved with just implants however major asymmetry usually requires a procedure that involves a scar around the nipple as the nipple must be moved to a different position on the breast mound.

This can be individually tailored with a consultation and examination by a plastic surgeon where they will gauge your wishes and the look you are after.

Regards,

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. 

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Selection of breast implants

+1

I do not think you can pick an implant based on dimensions alone. I believe that dimensions are very important and should be used as a guideline and starting place for discussion. This is especially true if there is some looseness of the breast, which may require a lift of any type, something you also describe. I recommend choosing a few surgeons and go for some consultations where you can be examined. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

What Prevents Breast Implants from Slipping Down if I Have the Dual Plane Procedure with a Silicone?

+1

This is best answered in the setting of an in person consultation, where you could try on implants, and your surgeon would take some measurements to determine how large an implant can be used. Short of that, on line advice of any value can only really come with photos. 

For example, I couldn't begin to guess if you need a lift and if so what incision pattern would be best. 

There are no fixed definitions of cup size, and I have numerous patients with bras of 3 different cup sizes that fit. What you consider a D, I might consider a C, Victoria's Secret might consider a DD. Trying on implants and seeing what size looks good on you is much more likely to help achieve your goal than is choosing an ill-defined letter target. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.