Should I loose weight and then get bbl or can I do it at my current weight? (Photo)

I'm 22 years old 5'4 i am currently overweight at 165.My pre-pregnancy weight was between 135-140. I love my curves but wish my arms where smaller and I understand that loosing weight will help. If I get bbl and then loose weight will I loose weight from behind?

+1
Thank you for your question . 

You should loose about 10-15 pounds before your procedure. With this option you will be ready for the results that you are looking for . 

Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and great reviews in your procedure.

BBL

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture of your front, back, left and right side view with out clothes evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Get to ideal weight BEFORE BBL

+1
Get to your ideal lifetime weight and then do the BBL.  Yes, if you have surgery now and then lose weight you will lose weight in your buttocks.   You desire to do something to make you look more attractive.   Start by getting to the 145 or so that is ideal and then have your surgery.   The surgeon will do a better job for you if you are at the 145 weight.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

I'd advice to be near your desired weight before, because...

+1

Thanks for your question.

You could perfectly do it at your actual weight (by looking at your photo you do not look obese), but if so, you'd have an importantly big butt. 

The reason I normally do not recommend to do this surgery without achieving their weight goal, is because some patients do not want too much volume. So, let's use your case: in your actual body measures you might consider not to injecting too much on your butt (because it might give you a bigger volume than desired), but if you loose weight and those fat cells become smaller then you might end up with a volume below your expectations. 

Bottom line, I'd advice you to be near your desired body measures before undergoing this procedure. 

Hope this explanation was clear enough to answer your doubts.

Take very good care of yourself,

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernández Goico, MD

Should I loose weight before having a Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1
This is a very common question. If you loose weight, the volume of the buttocks and all your body parts will decrease proportionately, but the shape and contour obtained will be maintained. If you are actively and successfully trying to loose weight, do so first. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that performs the procedure routinely will help you determine your next step.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Best Candidates For The Brazilian Butt Lift.

+1
Hello and thank you for reaching out to us. I agree with my colleagues that it is difficult to give an accurate recommendation without meeting you in person.  However, I can help you with your other question.

The way fat cells work in your body is extremely interesting.  When you gain/lose weight, you are not gaining/losing fat cells.  Instead, these cells are growing/shrinking. This means that as you lose weight, your body will lose weight proportionally throughout. This means that after your Brazilian butt lift, your body will always maintain its contour, even if your gain or lose weight.

My advice to you is to research surgeons in your area who specialize in the Brazilian butt lift. Contact them and request before and after photos, and pay careful attention to the different results.  Every surgeon has a different style and you have to make sure their style meets your expectations.

Thank you for reaching out to us, let us know how it goes.

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Should I lose weight and then get bbl or can I do it at my current weight?

+1
This is difficult to answer in clothing or without an exam.   Much of the answer depends upon how much your surgeon will liposuction and transfer. I frequently liposuction the full 5 liters and transfer up to 2000 cc per buttock.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Weight and BBL

+1
You goal is to be at your ideal weight and work from there.  If you have a bbl and decide to lose weight, you may lose some of the volume you had placed in your buttocks.