Uneven Eyes. What Can I Do? (photo)

For the past 10 yrs i have been going to different Optomotrist, And recently a very well known Optomologist in the Windsor area, I am from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I've noticed in the last ten years or so a different look to my eyeballs. One seems larger then the other. While one protrudes the other eye feels sunken in. I've been through probably every eyesight test with very little problems " Nothing that eyeglass ware could not cure". At this point i do wear glass. I would like your opinion.

Uneven Eyes

+1

Asymmetry of our bodies is a fact of life.  Many people have a larger foot or hand.  Cheeks, eyes, ears, etc. are no different.  I think you would achieve a nice improvement with an upper and lower blepharoplasty.  An in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon trained in cosmetic eyelid surgery would give you the information required to make an informed decision.

Uneven eyes

+1

Everyone has significant asymmetries to their eyeballs and eyelids and some are more pronounced than others.  As long as there are no underlying medical conditions that are causing this, it is safe to proceed with elective eyelid cosmetic surgery.  The asymmetrical surgery would be done to give more symmetry to the eyelids, although in severe asymmetry cases, only an improvement in the asymmetry can be accomplished but not made completely symmetrical.  Upper eyelid surgery involves removal of mostly skin and a little bit of fat on the upper lids while the lower lid surgery involves primarily removal of the fat bags through a transconjunctival approach.