I'm 51 yrs old, will Botox injection above the eyebrows get ride of wrinkles?

I'm 51 years old and want to have some botox on my forehead. Well for the past years I've had a battle with sebaceous cyst on my face. I've had many removed that's caused a lot of issues. I've had 2 removed above my eyebrows and of course lost a lot of my eyebrows from the procedure and stitches. It looks like I've got really deep wrinkles can botox be filled in these area to where it isn't these huge wrinkles. It looks awful. Thanks for any help.

Forehead wrinkles and botox use

+2
If the wrinkles are caused my muscle animation ( movement and/or tension ) Botox or Dysport with help smooth them out. However if the wrinkles are caused by scarring or real depressions in the skin itself you will need to use a filler or laser to correct the problem. You make need a combination of both approaches to adequately solve your problem

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Treatment Suitable Option

+2
I think a Botox treatment would be a great option for you. It will help to soften the lines in your frown area and forehead. The exact treatment designed for you will be determined in consultation with your cosmetic physician.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Botox and wrinkles

+2
Botox can improve lines of facial animation on the forehead. Depressions from scars are different. These might be improved with a bit of filler. Best to be seen in person.

Botox and Forehead Lines

+2
Botox can be used to soften movement lines on the forehead, but static lines from aging or trauma/surgery in the past will not be treated well by botox and will need a formal evaluation for filler and/or subcision treatment.  Possibly even the use of an ablative laser, but without a photo, I cannot give a best opinion.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Botox and eyebrow wrinkles

+2
Botox can be used to relax the wrinkles that occur with facial movement. It will not do anything to change a scar but might change the way that the scar lies on your face. The scar will probably have to be treated separately but the best way to find out is to have it looked at by your doctor

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox for forehead, or filler?

+2
It sounds like you are comparing the scars on your forehead to wrinkles.  If that is the case, you may need filler more than Botox.  

Botox works by decreasing the function of the muscle, so if these deep creases are caused by raising your eyebrows, then Botox may help you.  If not, you may be a candidate for a filler.

Using filler on the forehead can be done with caution, but has some side effects which can be serious.  Make sure to seek an experienced injector to help you with this.  Filler results can vary greatly with the injector.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

51 years old. Will Botox above the eyebrows get rid of wrinkles?

+2
Horizontal forehead lines result from repetitive muscle contraction in this area. Botox is the first line treatment for this type of issue. There are two caveats, however. Imprinted lines - those that have been present for such a long time that they're there when you're at rest - can take 6 months or more to resolve and sometimes even require filler for complete removal. The other issue is that Botox forehead treatment can result in drooping of the eyebrows at certain doses.

There is always a trade off between complete smoothing of the lines and overly weakening the forehead muscles resulting in a brow droop. Your physician injector should be able to look at your forehead and give you a good idea of what will be required and how much improvement you can expect with Botox and possibly filler treatment. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for wrinkles

+2
Botox works by relaxing muscles that produce lines when they contract.  Botox is not a filler and will not improve scars.  Generally, there is nothing that will take a scar away, but there are many treatments that can be done to improve scars.  Lasers, fillers and scar revision are among the possible treatments you should discuss with a consultation by a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Good Luck,
Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Ralph Trey Aquadro, MD
Auburn Plastic Surgeon

Botox to deep wrinkles

+2
Botox is not a filler and will not get rid of scars.  Botox will smooth out forehead wrinkles by relaxing the
muscle.  You might look into a filler such as Expressions, Juvederm or Perlane to fill in your scars.

Charles A. Wallace, MD

Botox will not improve surgical scars

+2
Botox is not a filler and will not fill in scar areas.  Botox is a substance that weakens muscles and therefore weakens  the lines the muscles produce such as deep frown lines.   Sound like you are discussing creases left by incisions for your cysts.   Possibly a filler to fill out the areas may help.  Fillers include Juvederm and Restylane.   If you have lost eyebrow areas and have gaps these can be improved with tattoos of the areas.  Hope this helps.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon