Is my Ptosis Repair Healing in a Normal Fashion or is Revision Needed? (photo)

If I have managed to hit the right buttons then I should have some photos of the state of my ptosis repair. Today 6/26/2012 I awoke with my left eye more swollen than usual, it feels very heavy on the outside edge. Is it possible to have more fat/tissue on the outside of one eyelid versus the other? In reviewing older photos of myself, the outside of my left eyelid seems to appear thicker than the right outside eyelid (same for my sons...congenital). Can this tissue/fat be removed? Thanks

Swelling after ptosis surgery

+1

It is normal to have a lot of swelling in the first few weeks after ptosis surgery, sometimes more on one side than the other.  It may be too early to tell, depending on how long ago you had surgery.  Close follow up with your surgeon is recommended.

Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis surgery

+1

Ptosis repair causes a lot of swelling and one should allow the healing process to complete. However, regular follow up with your surgeon is very important.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Photo?

+1

Obtain some good quality photos and discuss your needs with an experienced Cosmetic Surgeon who can help you with your goals.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon