My PS said that UHP implants are my only option as my bwd is10.5". Would 320cc or 360cc be best?
Doctor Answers (6)
Promoted Local Answer
I have been in practice for over 27 years and performed over 2,000 breasts augmentation. I have never used the UHP implants. So, it is hard to believe that your "only option" is UHP. You have to do you due diligence in selecting your plastic surgeon. Not all surgeons are the same. Always consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons and check their before and after pictures to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and you like them. Check also the reviews. As far as implants size, the measurements of your chest and breasts circumference are critical. If you are 32 small A cup, to get a 32 C cup , you will need implants with volume of roughly 325 cc. Moderate profile smooth implants will do just fine.
Best of luck,
Selecting breast implant profile and size
The greater the profile (projection) of the implant, the less natural it will appear, with moderate profile implants (style 10) being the most natural in appearance, and extra high profile implants (style 45) being the least natural ("most fake") in appearance. Your final appearance will depend upon not only the selected implant size and profile, but also your skin quality, original breast volume and shape, and implant placement within the breast (subglandular, subpectoral, "dual plane").
For many women, "high" profile implants provide extra volume (compared with "moderate plus") and some upper pole "roundness" (like a push-up bra appearance), without being "too fake". The implant size, however, will be smaller than an "extra high" profile implant with the same base width.
You may need to decide which is more important to you - final breast size or final breast shape. I would recommend that you discuss this in detail with your surgeon, prior to undergoing the procedure.
Implant size and shape decision
- You are tall, slim and narrow chested,
- Depending on your goal, you may need to compromise between the size you want and the look you want,
- A larger high profile implant will project more and have a larger cup than a smaller high profile,
- A moderate profile will project less and be smaller, but then to look more natural,
- I suggest you return to your plastic surgeon to try on sizes and shapes again and discuss your options.
- There may be no perfect decision - you want to be happy that you made the right one for your frame. Best wishes.