My PS Suggested 350cc is That Too Big for Me?

Hello! My surgery is in 6 days. I want a full C cup with a natural teard drop look. I don't want my breast to look round and perky so I decided to get silicone Moderate plus.I am 5'3, 113 pounds, 34b bra size. My ribcage measurement is 30 inches. My breasts tend to have most of the tissue or fat on the upper part of my breasts. I had originally decided 325cc but when I went to pre Op my PS immediatly reccommended 350cc. Im scared thats too big, what do you think? Thanks!

Implant Selection Process

+1

WIthout examining you, I think 350cc will meet your goals.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Is 350cc Too Big?

+1

To give you a perspective the difference between 325 and 350 is 5 teaspoons. That doesn't sound like much and it isn't.  In general I usually lean toward the larger size when deciding between 2 sizes.  30 to 40% of women will come back 6 months later and wished they had gone larger.  350 or 375 is probably the two most common sizes I put in.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.