My PS Said I Can Shower As Early As 24 Hours After Surgery Just Not to Bathe?

Showering after surgery

+1

Depending upon the type of surgery that you had will determine the bathing suggestions.  Best to follow yoru doctor's advice.

Showering after surgery

+1

I allow my patients to shower 24 hrs after this surgery after I have seen them in the office to make sure there are no problems.  The incisions are generally watertight at this point and getting in the shower makes people feel better.  No soaking in the tub though.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Aftercare?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure;  hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of surgery. You will find that each plastic surgeon has his/her own “protocol” that he/she follows. You will be best served by following your chosen plastic surgeon's instructions.

Showering After Breast Reduction

+1

I allow most patients including those undergoing reductions to shower the day following surgery.  I, too, prefer showering to baths as baths involve more prolonged soaking in water which may lead to macerartion.  You generally will be well served to follow your surgeon's advice regarding post-op care.

John Whitt, MD

Breast reduction and post operative care

+1

Every plastic surgeon has his/her own regimen regarding incision care following surgery including breast reduction.  Most plastic surgeons will allow their patients to shower in24 to 72 hours following the surgery.  In general, showering tends to decrease skin bacterial counts better than bathing.  It also decreases the risk of other dirtier parts of the body  cross contaminating the breast reduction incisions.  Follow your surgeon's instructions.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon