Will my Profile Improve Significantly over Time? (photo)

I am 4 weeks post op and unhappy with my profile. I know that it's early in my recovery process but could there really be a change in my profile, will my tip shrink ? I think that after surgery it's just more big and projected and it seems to be drooping every few days. Is this all that could be done on my type of nose to improve the shape ? I had a closed septorhinoplasty .

Your nasal profile is improved 4 weeks after your Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Your profile photo is markedly improved with a "cuter" more effeminate nasal appearance. My hunch is that you will get used to your new look with time.

Hope this is reassuring for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Profile

+2

Its unfortunate that you are unhappy with your nose but it is very early and your nose will definitely change.  Unfortunately no one can tell you if you'll grow to like or it will change in an undesirable way.  Only advice is you should WAIT at least 6-12mon before considering any Revison. Don't panic and do something hasty as you will regret it. Hope that helps. 

Rady Rahban, MD

Nasal Profile Improvement Over Time

+2

You are only 4 weeks post-op. Your nose will change over the next 10-12 weeks. All you can do at this time is to be patient.

Early Closed Rhinoplasty Results

+2

The hardest part for any rhinoplasty patient is the time it takes for the tip to assume its final shape. This is a process that will take six months or longer after surgery. While patience is hard when its on your own face, time does tend to improve most rhinoplasties. While your tip may become more narrow over time,  it will not lift up any more however.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Will my Profile Improve Significantly over Time?

+2

I understand your concern about tip projection.  The dorsum was reduced, and the dorsum swelling typically resolves more quickly than the tip swelling.  Tip swelling will take months to a year to resolve.  Therefore, you should expect the tip projection to decrease.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty recovery

+2

Your nose will go through more changes as you heal.  Give it a year. The tip swelling and bridge swelling should improve with time.

Recovery after rhinoplasty

+2

Your tip will certainly undergo changes and should get smaller as the swelling resolves.  The shape may also change somewhat as you heal.  Only time will tell whether those changes will give you a result you are satisfied with.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Will my profile improve over time?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear you are unhappy with your profile following surgery. 4 weeks is still soon after surgery and you will be experiencing swelling. The tip is generally the last to come around. The tip is generally turned up immediately following surgery, and will drop to its final position within 1-2 weeks. I would give it a bit of time and see how you continue to heal, as the final result of rhinoplasty will not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

Still very early in the post operative phase. But it could appear as a very conservative resection of the hump and tip. If after 4 months still unhappy you could consider revision.