What Does my Primary Care Doctor Need to Document in His Paper Work for Me to Get the Gastric Bypass Surgery?

i am getting resady to start the process of getting the gastric bypass surgery. i want to know what my primary care doctor need to document in his or her paper work so that when i go see my sugeon i am already on the right path and can get going?

Bariatric Surgery Insurance Authorization

+1

In order to get your gastric bypass or any other weightloss surgery approved, your primary care should document your height, weight, any obesity comorbid conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, gastric reflux, or osbructive sleep apnea. In addition, any weight loss programs that you have attempted, such as Jenny Craig, Lindora, nutrition and diet consultation should be documented in your chart by your primary care provider.

Beverly Hills Bariatric Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.