Does my Preferred Rhinoplasty Surgeon Meet the Necessary Qualifications? Are Any Additional Considerations Recommended?

Selecting an appropriate surgeon for primary rhinoplasty appears to be important. My preferred Dr.'s area of expertise is fat transfers, facelifts, & rhinoplasty. He's certified by the American boards of Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery & Cosmetic Surgery. Training includes an Otolaryngology residence at Harvard & fellowship at the American Academy of Facial & Plastic Surgery. 10 yrs. experience & does 1 rhinoplasty per week. Thank you again for all your kind responses.

Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon Qualifications

Hi Katie,

Yes, your selected rhinoplasty surgeon meets the necessary qualifications.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ok

Yes, he seems to have the correct certifications.  Other things that are important as well is to review his B/A photos of actual patients.  You can learn a lot about a Dr. aesthetic and preference by looking at their work.   Make sure you pick a surgeon who is on the same page as you in what you are looking for.  Good luck! 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Qualifications for a rhinoplasty surgeon

The qualifications that you have listed would show that your surgeon has been well trained and is board certified.  You may want to use other resources such as friends and family for references or a recommendation from your personal physician.  

Those qualifications sound perfectly reasonable. The key is that your surgeon needs to have performed hundreds of rhinoplasties over their career. Given your surgeon's years of practice and regular performance of rhinoplasty surgery, this is likely the case. You also want to look at their before and after images and approve of the results. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgeon qualifications

All of  the above qualifications should be a minimum to be looking  into finding an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Experienced really does matte.  Most important to look at total amount of rhinoplasties the surgeon has performed in  their career, and has dedicated significant portion of the practice to performing the art and science of rhinoplasty.  Look for a surgeon  who has performed  thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries to keep revisions to a minimum. Also important to have the surgery performed in a certified  outpatient ambulatory surgery center and the anesthesia performed by a board-certified physician anesthesiologist.

Rhinoplasty Qualifications

Yes, your Surgeon meets the basic qualifications for performing your Rhinoplasty procedure.  You should also be sure that you like this particular Surgeon's results, office and staff, and have done your due diligence regarding his reputation.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon