Can I get my pre-baby "perkiness" back through implants alone? (photos)

I am 31 years old, 1 year post-partum. 5'2" 110 lbs. and approx. 34C/32D. Prior to my pregnancies, my breasts were much more full & perky than they are now. I don't want the scars of a lift, but I desire my pre-baby breasts. Can I get implants alone to achieve that fullness again? If I get implants, how small can I go without adding too much to my cup size? I don't want to look top heavy or look like I've had them "done."

Implants do not restore perkiness

+1
Many women refuse breast lifts because of the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions. For that reason, a new technique was developed called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This can re-establish your pre-pregnancy perkiness. At size 32 D implants are not necessary. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied. I recommend avoiding implants rather than avoiding the lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants for perky pre-baby breast appearance

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph.  From your photographs it appears that breast augmentation alone with breast implants will certainly restore volume and projection to your breasts.

However you need to have an in person exam and evaluation by a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

You do have glandular ptosis which means some sagging of the skin below the nipple areola and if you want the breast to be truly lifted which means the nipple placed higher and the sagging skin below the nipple less sagging then you may need a breast lift.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast Augmenation Candidate

+1
You are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation only.  If you would like conservative augmentation smaller implants or anatomically shaped implants would give you a more natural result.  An in person exam would be necessary to be more precise. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
Thank you for the question and picture.

I do believe that by placing a 375- 400 cc's round high profile gel implants under the muscle will definitely get you back to those great looking breast you had before pregnancy. If you are having more children, I would recommend for you to get the surgery after all pregnancies.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Pre-baby "perkiness" back through implants alone?

+1
"Perky" means different things to different patients. No one can tell you that you whether and how to achieve your pre-pregnancy breast appearance without having photos of what your breast looked like then.

There are multiple options that can produce a cosmetically acceptable result depending on your desired outcome: an implant alone in front of the muscle or a dual plane placement of the implant, an implant and a minimal lift with an incision just around the areola, or an implant in front of the muscle, dual plane or behind the muscle and a greater lift. Each would result in a different degree of improvement.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medicalhistory and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best sinterest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board ofAmerican Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Restore breast fullness

+1
You definitely do not need a lift you just lost fullness in the breast.  your nipples look like they are positioned well above the fold.  You would be a great candidate for fat grafting to the breast if you do not want the maintenance of an implant.  At the same time you can harvest fat through liposuction.  We have seen hundreds of patients who are looking to add volume to breasts in this fashion with beautifully natural results.  The beauty of fat is that is can be distributed in and around the breast, while an implant gives you a finite volume that is limited to its shell.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Post pregnancy Breast Augmentation

+1
I think you are a great candidate for breast augmentation and CAN achieve your goals with augmentation alone.  From the side view, your nipple appears in the correct location.  You have a very common change from pregnancy - a loss of the upper pole or upper portion of the breast.  An implant is a great way (with very little scarring) to get fullness up top.  I think you will do great!  Best of luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Can I get my pre-baby "perkiness" back through implants alone?

+1
Since you did not include a picture of your breasts prepregnancy, it is impossible to say if your breast can look like that again. Based on your photos, I think you may be a candidate for breast augmentation with a small implant. This will increase the fullness in the upper part of your breast, and as long as you don't go too large, it will not increase your bra size too much. Of course, any implant will add volume, but looking at your pictures, you don't seem to have breast as large as your bra size indicates.
I hope this helps you in your decision.

Donald Griffin, MD