My Post Prk Complication. What Can I Do?

i had my prk on 1/5. got my bandage contact lenses off one day ago. after two jours from taking them i had the worst pain in my life in the left eye. got back to the doctor. he scratched the epithilium. and had put a contact on it again. today my eye is still injected. painful. burning sensation not so good vision. rt eye is perfect. now wat is thus that happened and wat should i do. thanks in advance dear doctors.

After PRK Eye Surgery

+1

Sometimes when the contact lens falls out prematurely, it takes a bit of the surface tissue (epithelium) with it resulting in pain, redness, blurred vision. This will generally improve over the next few days and in a week or so will most likely be similar to the other eye.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

Happens sometimes

+1

After PRK, the surface of the cornea replaces itself. It takes time for these new cells to anchor themselves well. Sometimes when the contact lens is removed, some of the new cells will come off with it, especially if the eye has not been well lubricated. This should not cause any permanent problem, the cornea will heal with time. Keep up with lubricating the eye well and follow-up as directed.

New York Ophthalmologist

PRK healing

+1

Unfortunately, I have seen many people in your situation.  It is easy to scratch or rub off the new growth of cells when the bandage contact lens comes off.  Don't worry as they will grow back and you will once again be feeling fine in a few days.  I urge you to be careful not to touch or rub your eyes for a few weeks until everything finishes healing.

Chicago Ophthalmologist